I had a dream of you and me the perfect ecstasy

You're like a dark cloud, that follows me around like a virus with no cure

“…And you make sure that nothing like this ever happens again! Do you hear me Maxwell?” the principal shouted in Max’s face.

He sat across from him with a bored expression on his face. Max seriously didn’t give a fuck.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah…” He mumbled, rolling his eyes at how monotone the principal’s voice was.

His expression just turned even more enraged. “Do you want me to call your mother and tell her how you’ve been behaving?”

Oh shit, he knew Max’s weakness!

Without really acting panicked troubled, Max slumped into the chair and stuck his hand deep into his pants pocket, gripping his fingers around a pack of gum.

“Now look at me when I’m talking to you!” the principal shouted at Max.

Max glanced up, with the same bored expression on his face while wearing a lopsided grin. “Yeah Mr.?”

“Address me as Mr. Turner, Maxwell. You’ve known me for almost 3 years, so you should know my name by now.” Mr. Turner said ever so bluntly.

Max nodded his head only slightly, before something took his attention away from his black painted finger nails, making his head snap up in the direction of the office door.

Why does this kid keep following me around? Max thought silently in his head.

“Hello, are you lost?” the principal asked kindly to the platinum blonde kid in the doorway.

“N-No, I just came to get Max. Mrs. Hamilton wants him back in our class. She sent me to make sure he was even still in the building. I mean, erm, principal’s office.” He corrected, looking down at the ground.

Max smirked, getting up, but not before being stopped by the principal.

“You’re just getting off easy Maxwell. Next time, I’m calling your mother.”

With that, he let go of Max’s wrist as Max yanked away from him as fast as possible and was now walking with Monte back to their first period class.

“Hey, thanks for saving my ass back there.” Max smiled, and started to walk in the opposite direction Monte was going in, the school doors.

“Where are you going?!” Monte shrieked.

Max simply, with a jerk of his head, didn’t listen to him and kept walking along and minding his own business.

Monte turned sharply on his heels and stomped, as if it would make Max turn his head back to look at him, but nothing happen and Max just kept walking along.

“I’m going to visit Ronnie, my best friend! Wanna tag along goody-goody boy?” Max asked with a snicker, raising his upper lip.

“U-u-uh…” was all Monte could manage.

“Sure.” He finally answered.

“Great! Come on, let’s go!” Max was going to lead.