I had a dream of you and me the perfect ecstasy

Without you I can't breathe

Monte uncomfortably and regretfully followed Max out of the school doors. “Are you sure that this is a good idea…Max?” Monte called to a confident Max who was out ahead of him.

“Yeah Bryan, I’ve done it all the time!” Monte, this time, didn’t cringe at the name of Bryan being used.

As the two boys headed across a few streets, dodging life threatening cars and walked across other people’s lawns, they then made it to Ronnie’s house.

“Wait…” a sudden realization struck Max.

Monte glanced at him, unsure.

“What?” he asked.

“Why didn’t we take your car?” Max asked, obviously knowing that walking to Ronnie’s house wasn’t the best idea in the world.

“Uh, because I don’t have a license.” Monte admitted.

As the two stood outside, Max knocked on the door to the one story house.

A few seconds later, a boy with dark black hair, few tattoos, chocolate brown puppy dog like eyes and a tallish figure answered the door.

Monte watched as Max had run straight up to the Ronnie kid and kissed him…on the lips.

Beyond awkward.

“Come on in!” Ronnie insisted, ushering Max and Monte inside.

Monte could smell something repulsing cooking or rather, sizzling on the grill outside of Ronnie’s house, in his backyard.

“You making lunch?” Max questioned as Ronnie grabbed a plate from the cabinet in the kitchen.

“Yeah!”

“What’s we having?!” Max asked.

“Steak!” Ronnie left to go and tend to the meat that was cooking on the grill outside.

Monte froze. Ronnie was cooking steak?!

Max glanced over at Monte, a puzzled expression on his face. “Hey, what’s wrong with you? You hate steak or something?”

Ronnie came back in, 2 huge steaks on the plate.

Monte tried to swallow propely when he saw the meat, but all of the color left his face when he thought of the helpless animal that was killed in order to provide meat like that for Ronnie and Max. The thought made him sick.

This time, Ronnie joined in on the ‘stare at Monte’ game. “Hey, new kid, something wrong?” he asked, setting the steaks down and putting one of them on a plate for Max, as he set it in front of him.

Ronnie seated himself at the table, a knife in his left hand, fork in his right, ready to dig into the meat that lay on the plate in front of him.

Max immediately started to chop his up with his knife, almost like a maniac. Monte almost gagged at the way Max had done that.

The minute Ronnie cut his steak and shoved it in his mouth, Monte gagged and ran out of the room and into Ronnie’s backyard, not wanting to puke in front of his meat eating companions.

Ronnie, after swallowing his bite, put his fork down on his plate, “What? Was it something I said to the kid?”

Max shrugged and put his knife down. “I don’t know, put I’ll go and get him. I have to drive him home anyway. Apparently he doesn’t have a license.”

Max got up and gracefully went outside to Ronnie’s backyard, where Monte had run out to.

“I hope he’s okay.” Max mumbled as he went to look for a lost Monte.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is specially for Luz, since it's her birthday today. (: