I had a dream of you and me the perfect ecstasy

Walks home seem more peaceful.

Max wandered through Ronnie’s backyard, through the open gate (which had been closed before) and out more out into the area of the Las Vegas city, more like Northern Las Vegas.

“Monte?” he called out.

“Monte?” Again, no response.

Max stopped and listened. Gagging and heavy breathing could be heard from not far off. Max ran to the sound and sure enough, he sighted Monte, hunched over and puking.

Max cautiously approached him, as Monte glanced up at him, tears gleaming in his eyes.

He choked on his words before he could speak, hurled over and ended up puking again.
Max almost felt like crying. “M-Monte...” he started.

Monte glanced up at him and wiped the tears from his eyes with his shirt.

“C’mon kid, I’ll take you home and not to Ronnie’s. I mean, take you home, take you home.” Max smiled and outstretched his hand as Monte got up off the grassy ground.

“T-Thank you…” Monte coughed and leaned over, onto Max.

Max smiled on the inside. This kid’s not that bad anymore. He thought in his head.

“So when did Ronnie and you start going out?”

“About a few months, to this day actually. We made plans to hang today and eat lunch together and kiss behind a tree, before I got called to the office and ended up in this position.” Max laughed, remembering the previous conversation he had with his boyfriend the night before.

“So, how did you know you were, um, gay, then?” Monte asked, seeming to hide a blush.

“Oh, hun, I’m not gay. I’m bi.” Max smiled, despite supporting the weight of his new vegetarian best friend.

“Oh...” Monte felt stupid for asking the question.

As the two headed past Ronnie’s house and back to the school, they climbed into Max’s car, which was in the school’s parking lot.

“So what street is it on?” Max asked putting the car in reverse as he backed out of the parking lot.

“That one, over there.”

“Okay.”

Awkward silence passed between the two. And Max was never good at starting back up conversations.

Monte got out of the car and, before shutting the door, turned to Max, “Thanks for…”

“Don’t mention it, new kid.” Max smirked playfully as Monte shut the door to his car and went inside his house.

As Max had pulled away from Monte’s house, he smiled. Well, this kid really isn’t all that bad.