Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

You alright?

Jeff came out of the bathroom and came to sit on the bed with me.

“If you want me to, I will.”

“Can I be completely honest with you?”

“Of course you can.”

“I know that we just met today, but I feel like I have known you for so long. I feel way too comfortable with you.” He grabbed my hand and held it between both of his, placing it in his lap. He looked down while he rubbed my hand and continued talking. “I would love it if you could come to practice with me. I would love it even more if you would go to the game too.”
I was now beginning to tear up.

“I just wanted to ask you formally, even though I know that you were kind of asked at Cam and Cody’s.”

“I would be my pleasure to go to the game and practice with you.” I answered him, now really crying.

“You alright?” He let go of my hand and wiped my tears away.

“I am better than that. That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.” I reassured him. “It’s just that, I usually can’t let people close to me. I have never been this open to anything this fast. I’m going to be completely honest with you now.” I told him, moving closer and resting my head on his shoulder.

He put his arm around me, tightly. “Anything.”

“It is really scaring me that I am so comfortable with you right now.”

“We can just take it slow then, babe.” Jeff said as he hugged me so gently, but at the same time, so tight.

That is how I knew he truly cared. Not what he said, even thought it was very sweet and sincere, it was what he did. He turned to me and just hugged me. That showed me that he cared about how I felt, not just what I did for him or how much I kissed him. A hug was enough for him and that made me feel more than I ever thought I could for anyone. And it only took a few hours.

“Thank you!” I whispered to him. “Thank you for spending your day with me.”

“Thank you for being the person I want to spend my day with.” He said back and kissed my cheek.

I smiled at him. “Now that we have that out, do you want to watch TV?”

“I would love to.”

“I grabbed his hand and we walked down the hallway and stairs and sat on the couch.
“How about Hawaii Five-0?"

“I love that show!” he answered.

I put down the remote and went to the kitchen to get some water bottles.

When I came back, I handed Jeff one and put mine on the coffee table. I laid down and put my head on Jeff’s lap again.

He turned, a little, behind him and placed it on me.

Jeff began to stroke my face and push the hair away from it.

Jeff’s POV

Before the theme song started to play, Katie was sleeping.
I looked over at the Cable Box— 12:52.

I planned to watch TV until 1:30, then go to bed, but it didn’t end up happening exactly that way. I spent the next 40 minutes just watching her sleep. She looked so beautiful and innocent. I wanted to watch her all night, but I couldn’t let her sleep the entire night like this.
I moved from under her and tried to get up.

“What time is it?” She asked me.

“1:30. I’m sorry for waking you up! I was going to carry you upstairs to your room and crash on the couch instead of going home, if that’s okay.”

“Don’t be silly. Just go up into my bed. I’ll stay down here. You have a game tomorrow and I can’t be the reason that you suck in it.”

I love it even when she is mean to me.

“I’ll be fine! You can sleep in your bed!”

“Just go. I am too lazy to go up anyway.”

“And that is why I am going to carry you up there!”

“Don’t be crazy. Go upstairs! I’m fine down here. I will never talk to you again if you don’t go up!”

“Alright, then I’ll see you in the morning beautiful.”

“Goodnight.” She said.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight!”

I went up the stairs and got into bed. All I could think— she is just about perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know compared to many of your stories 49 readers isn't a lot, but I am beyond excited that I am even close to 50. So thanks!

And PLEASE comment! I'll take anything!! ((:

I hope y'all like it. I promise, I only have like 2 chapters left of this slow stuff. The I will try to make this story really take off.

Oh, and thanks to my 4 subbers. Not many, but it makes me happy. :D