Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Babe? Are we like, a thing?

Jeff's POV

I watched her leave the driveway and turned to go back inside.

“C’mon Puck!” He ran in behind me.

I went upstairs and got my bag and my phone from last night. I was still in my sweats that I had found in my car last night.

When I was walking down the stairs, I checked my phone. I had 11 texts— 2 from Rosey, 3 from Cam, 2 from my mom, 1 from Brandon, and 3 from Katie. And 4 missed calls— all from my mom.

2 from Chad-

-Good morning sunshine;) Rumor has it you have a killer girl. We will have problems if you find a wife before me.

-If I smash you into a wall or two in practice, it’s out of jealousy. (at least I’m honest with ya) See you in a little.

-I’m really looking forward to that!

I texted him back.

3 from Cam-

-Hey man, Cody wants Katie’s number. If you could give it to me, maybe she would stop giving me such a problem.

-She talked about her all night, saying how great she was. She might be in love with her. You better watch out!

I smiled knowing it was true. She was wonderful!

-Duuuuude! I need her number. I will be divorced by tomorrow if I don’t get that phone number. PLEASE!

I texted Cam back the number.

I also had 2 from my mom-

-Hey sweetie! We have a surprise for you. Call me back!

-We came down to North Carolina for the weekend and came to your apartment. You weren’t there! We went to the hotel across the street from your place. Let me know when we can see you. I love you.

“Oh crap!” I shouted out.

Brandon’s text-

-Umm, your family just showed up at my door and it’s 12:35. I guess you weren’t home. All I can say is—get it in! But if you blew off your parents and all them for that… it’s wrong, bro. But whatever.

Then 3 from my Katie-

Just seeing her name made a huge smile come across my face.

-I forgot an extra shirt for your Practice. If you didn’t leave yet, will you please run one over to the hospital? (:

-And don’t be going through all my drawers, you perv. ;)

-Oh, and it can be anything. I have jeans and a pair of Uggs. That matches everything.
I texted her back.

-Hey! I am leaving right now. My parents surprised me and showed up in Raleigh. I will get you a shirt and drop it off. Should I come in the ER?

I ran up the stairs and went into her room. I started opening the drawers and first came across the bras and underwear. I quickly shut it so that I didn’t start going through it, even thought I was curious. I went down to the next drawer and there were the shirts. I picked out a low cut blue see through shirt and a black under shirt.

In my opinion, I did a good job!

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. It was Katie calling.

~Hello!

~Hey! Don’t bring that shirt! Go see your family! Let them go to your practice. Have fun with them and I will talk to you later!

She went on and on.

~No no! Babe! Stop!

~Babe? Again with this? Are we like, a thing?

She laughed and so did I.

~Well, I was hoping that when I introduced you to my family at the practice today, I would be able to say that you are my girlfriend.

~Well, I’m not going, so…

~Yes you are! I’ll drop your stuff off in like 15 minutes. See you then! Bye!

I hung up the phone before she could say anything, put on my shoes, and ran out the door, grabbing my keys and bag and locking the front door.

I threw all of my stuff in the passenger seat and drove out of the driveway on my way to the hospital.

As soon as I drove into the parking lot, I found a 10 minute parking spot and ran in the automatic doors.

I walked up to the front desk, “Hi, do you know where Katie Caan is?”

“Are you Jeff?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“She was expecting you.” She smiled. “Down the hall and hang a left. She is in room 314. It’s out staff room. Here is a card—just swipe it and the door will unlock.”

“Thank you very much!”

I went to the room and swiped the card. When I walked in, I saw a Kate at the counter getting coffee. I walked up behind her and put my arm around her waist. “Hey!”

She jumped, “Oh my god! You scared me!”

She turned and threw her hands around my neck, kissing me quickly.

“Oh, so I am still in the running against the dog!?” I winked at her and kissed her again.

“You could say that.” She said and pulled me ever closer in to her. “But you have to go, so I will talk to you later. Thanks for the shirt anyway though.”

“I can stay for a little. How much longer are you on your break?”

“10 more minutes, unless I get paged before that. But you really should go see your family.”
“Wait, thanks anyway for the shirt… what does that mean?”

“I am not gonna go. I would rather you spend the time with your parents and siblings.”

“I want to spend time with them! Trust me, but I want you to be there too!”

“Well, I am going to go to the mall after I get out of here, so have a good practice and text me when you’re done”.

“Alright, but don’t forget about the game later! It’s at 7:00 tonight and Cody was talking about you all night. She might want you to go more that I do.” I smiled at her. “Please come! I will spend from now until 4:00, when I have to be at the RBC center, with the family and then will you meet them at the game?”

“I would be honored.” She said and I felt a huge smile come across my face.

“Guess what?” I kissed her.

“What?” she pulled away and smiled.

“I love y—.”

“DOCTOR CAAN TO ROOM 305 PLEASE.” I heard over the loudspeaker.

Great timing… I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little different-- only chapter, so far, that is fully in Jeff's POV. Let me know if you guys like it this way or if you like it mostly Katie's POV with a little of Jeff's POV.
And this is everything that I have typed up to right now. Now is when I have to try to get this story started up and moving. Please comment! I really need ideas and suggestions!
I have 73 readers, but 3 comments:/ And I am not sure how it counts the amount of readers, like if it is per view or per member.
Anyway, comment anything, even if it just that you read it.
I can not say thank you enough!
Hope y'all like it.