Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

This kid? Really?

Jeff’s POV

She pulled her hand away from mine and began walking away. “I’m sorry! I have to go. That is my coma patient! There might be a change in his condition.”

“It’s fine. I’ll see you later.” I assured her, feeling a little upset.

I followed her out of the room and turned down the hallway back toward the ER desk.

“Did you find her?” The woman asked me.

“Yes I did. Thank you very much!” I said, smiling at her.

I walked out the doors and started running to my truck. I unlocked it, jumped in and started to go.

“Call Mom.” I commanded to the ‘In-Car Phone’.

It began to ring.

~Hello

~Hey mom. Sorry. I am on my way home now.

~It’s fine, honey. Jill, Ben and Andrea are at the pool and Erica and Jen went out shopping. And you’re dad an—

~No. It’s not fine. I should have been there when you came. I rarely see you. I’m sorry.

~Really sweetheart, it’s okay. I will see you in a little while. You’re dad said that you have practice at 12. Is that right?

~Yeah. And I have a game at 7 o’clock. You guys are coming, right?

~Of course!

~Good! So I’ll be at the hotel in about 5 minutes. What room are you?

~We’re in 102. I’ll see you soon. I love you.

~Love you. Bye.

~Bye.

She hung up and my music came back on.

I pulled into the driveway and parked. When I walked in, I immediately asked where the pool was.

I walked up to the door and Andrea ran to let me in. “Hi!!” She said, giving me a huge hug.
It was really great to see them again.

Ben got out of the pool and came walking over. “Hey man!” He said patting my shoulder.
“Hey!”

“JEFF!!” My little sister came running over. She and I were always the closest. We’re the two youngest, so we have always stuck together and had each other’s backs.

“I missed you!” She ran up to me and threw her arms around me. I didn’t even care that they were all soaking wet. I was just so happy to see them.

“I’m going up get changed. We have to go to this kids practice in 3 hours, but I am starving.” He said gesturing toward me.

“Yeah, I am gonna go up and see mom and dad.” I said.

They all picked up their stuff and we walked out.

“Very funny by the way…” I said to Ben.

“What?”

“This kid? Really? Jokes on you. I was going to buy you breakfast, but I’m just a kid.”

Jilly gave me a high five and we all laughed.

I knocked on the door of the room and my mom came to answer it.

She hugged me for a good 5 minutes in the doorway before finally letting me go.

“How have you been?” She asked me, like any mother would.

“Great!” I said, smiling wide.

“You seem so happy!” She said to me.

“I haven’t seen you since the middle of September! It is October 12th, already. I am so glad to see you guys!”

“Dude, have you gotten soft since you left us?” Ben asked.

“Ben…” My dad came in and shook my hand.

“It’s fine.” I said. “I can beat him up.”

Everyone laughed.

“Who wants to go eat? It’s on me.” I offered.

“I do!” Jen said walking in and giving me a hug.

Andrea was right behind her, next in line for the hugs. “I knew we kept in touch with him for some reason…” She joked.

“You kids are too much.” My mom shook her head.

“Let’s go eat! On me!” she insisted and put her arm around me.

Everyone got ready and we all piled into the Tahoe. It was already 9:45 and I had to be at the RecZone by 11:30, the latest. With this many people, it takes a long time to eat, so we had to hurry up.

I texted Katie-

-Breakfast with the fam. Text me when you are leaving work(:

“So, any girls?” Jill asked me.

“Well, actually…” I said, blushing. “Shhh.”

I texted her—

-I don’t want to make a big deal out of it. She is coming to the practice and the game tonight. We already had it planned before I knew you guys were coming.

-So she is just gonna show up there and meet all of us?

Jill texted me back.

-I guess. I didn’t really think about it.

-Well, tell her to text me when she is coming and I will go meet her outside. I got you, bro. (;

-You’re weird. But okay. She would probably like that. Thanks punk.

“Really…?” Jill asked me and I just smiled at her. “Punk?”

“Here we are!” my dad announced.

We all got out and began to walk into the restaurant. It was only about 10 minutes from the RecZone, which was good. We didn’t have much time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter kinda stinks. I just needed to have something where the whole family met up with each other.
I am really planning on hurrying this thing up a little, I promise.
Comment/subscribe!
12 subscribers and almost 100 readers! Yayyy! Thanks guys!