Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Is this a dream?

I went down the elevator, walked out into the parking lot and got in my car. I sat inside of it and cried for a good 20 minutes before finally collecting myself so that I was okay to drive.

Like usual, I turned my phone onto silent so that I wouldn’t be distracted. Now of all times, I had to make sure I didn’t notice any phone calls or texts. One thing and I could break-down. I was so emotionally unstable.

I pulled out of the lot and went straight to my condo. I opened up my door and instead of Puck running out, he ran right to me. It was as if he knew something was wrong.

I fell to the floor, pulling Puck close to me and cried. I sat down there for almost a half an hour with him until I heard my house phone ringing.

I got up to answer it.

~Hello

~Hi is this Ms. Caan?

~Yes, it is. May I ask who’s calling?

~This is Maryanne Lucas, from the hospital. I have some bad news.

~What is it??

I began to get nervous.

~As you may have heard, the hospital has recently had to let some people go. I am sorry to say this. You have been laid-off.

~Excuse me?

~I’m sorry. You can come in tomorrow to pick up your things and we will get into the details. Sorry again, Ms. Caan. Goodbye.

I placed the phone down on the kitchen counter, in shock. Is this a dream? How could all of these horrible things be happening to me?

I don’t know why, but the only thing I could think to do was call Jeff.

I needed somebody to tell me it was going to be alright.

Usually, I would go to one of my friends from school, or call my roommate, but this just felt right.

I picked up my phone, pressed on his name, and put it up to my ear. My hand wouldn’t stop shaking.

When I heard the phone ring, I started to cry.

The phone kept ringing and ringing and with each ring, I cried a little more. All I wanted was to hear his voice…

~Hey, what’s up? It’s Jeff. I can’t get the phone right now, but leave me a message and I’ll call you back as soon as I can.

That is not what I meant by hearing his voice. I wanted to be able to talk to him. I knew he could make me feel better.

Jeff has this calmness about him. Even when I was just leaving him when I was mad, the reason I was most upset was because so sweet to me. Just the way he said he was sorry to me.

I knew I was lucky to have him, even though I was upset.

I decided that I would text him-

-Hey. I’m really sorry about before. I don’t know why I got so upset. I hope you’re not too mad at me, I just needed a little time to think. I really need to talk to you right now though, so please give me a call when you get a chance.

I read the message about 5 times before I get the courage to hit send.

After I did that, I walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out a water bottle. When I turned around, Jeff was standing there at my counter.

“I think we need to talk too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright y'all. I had this as a longer chapter, but decided to be tough on you. I want to see if you guys really want updates from me. I have another chapter written already, but I won't post it until I get at least 5 comments. Sorry, folks(: Hope you like it.