Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

There is this girl…

I looked at him in shock and started crying, yet again. When it all sank in that he was right in front of me, I ran at him.

My arms flew around him and he pulled me in tight and kissed my head, then rested his on it.

I leaned my head back so that I could see him. “I’m so sorry.” I cried and then dug my head back into his chest.

He pulled me even closer and started walking me back toward my family room. I stayed hidden up in him and just walked with him.

He sat down and I gently fell on top of him. I pulled myself away from his body.

“I have something to tell you.” I said to him.

“Anything.” He said and he started to rub my back.

“The hospital called… I have been laid off.”

“Aww, babe!” He pushed the hair out of my face.” I’m so sorry! But just think, now you can come on the road with me!”

I started laughing and he smiled that famous Jeff Skinner smile.

I leaned in to kiss him.

“Thank you!” I put my head on his shoulder. “I knew you would make me feel better.”

He put his hand on my thigh. “Now I have to tell you something.”

“Right now, you could tell me that you just killed my dog and I would be okay with it.” I joked.
“That is not even funny!” He yelled at me, playfully.

“Now I have to be serious.” He said. “I need to tell you why I didn’t want you to come to dinner or anywhere with my family tonight when I was there.”

I hugged him tight.

“There is this girl…” I began to feel tears in my eyes. “She is from Canada— Markham, and she is really good friends with Erica. I used to date her, but things didn’t work out. Anyway, when she found out that they were coming down here to see me, she took it upon herself to come down here too.”

I picked my head up. “You said things didn’t work out, so why should I be worried?” I asked him.

“You shouldn’t be… at all. You are my girl now.” He said back and cupped my cheek in his big hand. “You’re my only girl.”

“I don’t understand why I couldn’t go with you then?” I asked, confused.

“She is trying to get me back.” He said and I could tell her was upset. “She has been calling me and texting me nonstop. I asked Erica to ask her to leave, but so far she had no luck. I have been thinking about it and I just want to be with you. I don’t care if she tries to ruin it. It’s not going to work. She isn’t going to cause a problem for us.”

“That is what you are so worried about?”

“I was trying to protect you from her. I know what she can be like. Trust me, there is nothing I want more than to get you and my family together, but you have to listen to me right now and promise me that you are not going to listen to her.” He said seriously. “She will do anything to try to make you leave so she can get me back.”

“Dude— who wouldn’t? You’re a total catch!” I joked.

“Kate… I’m serious.”

“Babe…”

He smiled a little bit when he heard that. “What?”

“You have nothing to worry about. You aren’t gonna lose me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so even though Kare, abearbear and jeffskinner are the only ones who actually commented, I am putting this new chapter up. Thanks for the support guys!