Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

You always do.

“Hey!” I screamed to Jeff in the bathroom.

“Yeah?”

“I am taking a pair of shorts from you. What drawer?”

“You don’t need pants…”

I could feel him sitting in the bathroom with his evil little smirk on his face.

“Jeff!!”

“The drawer next to the one with the pants- right side of the dresser.”

“Thanks!”

“Knock, knock, knock…” I heard him hitting the bathroom door.

“You can come in. I am way faster than you, you cripple!”

“You’re too funny!! Seriously!” He gave me a weird look.

“Oh thanks! I know!”

He smiled at me. “So what do you wanna do?”

“Let’s watch a movie… for real this time!”

“Yeah, speaking of ‘for real this time’, I’m sorry about dinner—again.”

I walked over to him and put my hand on the side of his face. “Are you kidding? You don’t need to apologize for that! When it’s meant to happen, it will. I’m not worried”

I kissed him gently and pulled away, hoping he would be waiting for more.

He came in to kiss me again and I turned so he only caught the corner of my lips. I guess he did want more.

I kissed his neck and turned to walk away back down the hall.

Behind me I heard something fall, so I turned around to see Jeff standing there with the crutches on the floor.

“What happened?” I asked him, laughing a little bit.

“You were leaving me. I needed to cause a distraction. I don’t want to watch a movie. I just want to stand here and kiss you… well actually I’d prefer if we could at least sit down, cause you know, standing isn’t really feeling too great right now.”

“Who ever said you aren’t charming, Mr. Skinner?” I said as I went over and kissed him again.

I picked up his crutches and he made his way slowly over to the bed.

He sat down and I ever so gently went and sat next to him. I decided it was best to sit on the left of him so I didn’t end up kicking him or something.

He leaned in and kissed me softly and then pulled away very suddenly. “I need to get something off my chest.”

“And this is where I get really nervous…” I half joked. “What’s wrong?”

“I am still really sorry about Julia. She isn’t anything, babe. I promise.”

“I am not worried about her! I saw the way you two went at it before the game.” I said and we both laughed.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.”

“I am sitting here in your shorts and a ‘Rosey Rocks’ tshirt, my hair all crazy from freaking out when I was told you got hurt, and makeup all down my face from when I started to cry before… I am more uncomfortable with how I look right now. Trust me, I am not uncomfortable with an ex-girlfriend.”

This time Jeff came at me, very powerfully kissing me, and he tried to roll over on top of me. I held him back and decided that with his leg situation, it would be best for me to go over him.
I straddled him and continued to kiss him.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered to me, barely able to breathe and he came right back at me.
Again he pulled away, grasping for air. “Right now, you look beautiful. You always do.”

He lunged up toward me one more time, and this time I pulled away—for real. I kissed him quick, once more, and I flipped my leg back over to be on the side of him again.

“Now I have something I have to be honest about.”

“Anything, love.”

“You’ve said it twice now and I still haven’t said it back, because I’m scared.”

“That you’re beautiful?” He looked at me confused and I couldn’t help but smile at those dimples that popped out with any face he made.

“No. That…” I couldn’t get it out.”

He put his arms around me and pulled me into him. “You don’t have to say anything that you aren’t comfortable saying.”

“I know and even though it scares me to say this I have to do it, cause it’s the truth. I don’t want to keep anything from each other for the selfish reason that we are scared.”

“Babe, we don’t need to be scared to tell each other things. I—“

“I love you, Jeff.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so I didn't get much feedback on the whole short/long chapter deal, so I decided I am going to try my best to keep putting stuff out here. I blew off a football game this morning because I am supposed to be a doing a huge project right now and all I wanted to do is write this story. Not sure what came over me. But I live in CT and we are supposed to be getting 4-8 inches of snow tonight-- I know, it's October. I'm in shock too. But hopefully when I am locked up in my house from the snow, I can write more. If anyone wants to see anything specific happen, feel free to inbox me or comment it. Also any criticism that you don't want to be public... shoot me an inbox. Anything helps. Hope you guys like it(: