Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Ain't that the truth.

“Alright boys, moment of truth…” I said to Chad and Jeff. “Hey Boss Man, can I bring you food in there, or are you not allowed?”

“Boss Man! Dude, you have this one wrapped around your finger already! Nice job, playa!” I heard Chad joke from the other room and crack up at himself.

“We can come in there, don’t worry.” Jeff said after Chad stopped being so obnoxious.

“It’s alright, you’re a cripple. I’ll bring it over.”

I picked up the plates and walked to the couch where they were.

When Chad saw what I had made, his whole face lit up.

“Pancakes!” He said and we all laughed.

“I must say.” I started. “I have never seen a grown man get so excited over pancakes.”

“So are you saying that I’m your first?” Chad asked, as he started digging in.

“I guess…” I laughed.

“Sorry, man.” He said, patting Jeff on the shoulder. “And Kate, these are amazing! Thank you so much!”

“Yeah, they really are great! Thank you, beautiful.” Jeff smiled at me and grabbed my hand. “Where’s yours?”

“Oh, there are none left. I didn’t make that much batter for them. I’m good though—I’ll just grab something from your fridge.”

“You have to eat some, they’re crazy good! Here.” He said and he put some on a fork and put it in my mouth.

“Holy crap!” I said after I swallowed. “Who’s that chef? Those are out of this world.”

Everyone laughed and kept eating.

“Hey, did you guys ever try to figure out what you can tell about a person by how their food tastes?”

“Uhh no…” They both said, looking at me like I had four heads.

“Alright, well then I will go. I’ll just do the pancakes… Like I took a bite and I can tell right away that the person who made those is sexy, smart and funny.”

"Ain’t that the truth.” Chad jokingly said under his breath, but loud enough so he knew we could hear.

“See, you guys try.”

“Alright, I’ll go.” Jeff said. “I can tell that this person is… beautiful, caring, and funny.”

“My turn.” Chad jumped in. “I can tell that I want her in my bed…”

“Really??” Jeff and I said in unison.

“Seriously, guys! She tastes hot!”

We both looked at him awkwardly.

“Okay, now that made it sound worse, but take a joke. For a funny person, you don’t get my humor…”

“Maybe if you were funny—“ I joked. “I go for the cheap shots. You know… I completely feed off of other people.”

“Don’t stray from your game. If cheap works for you, do it.” Jeff said to me and I couldn’t help but laugh, even though she was trying to be nice.

“Check you out, with the inspirational words…” I told him, as I finally sat down and put my arm around him.

“It happens.” He smiled.

“Alright! Movie time!” Chad said, getting loud again.

“Dude, way to ruin the mood I had going…” Jeff teasingly slapped him arm.

“If that was your ‘mood’ I have a lot to teach you, loser.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, like they all have been lately. Decided to throw one in there quick while I had a minute:)