Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

I really owe ya!

“In 300 feet, turn left.” The Navigation told Jeff the way to go.

“10 minutes till the restaurant!” I said, very excited. “I have heard of this place so many times and I have wanted to go so bad! It’s just like a fancy restaurant, but on a huge ship!”

Jeff smiled at me quickly and then looked back at the road.

“What?” I asked him as I grabbed onto his shoulder.
“You’ll see.” He said, still smiling.

“Jeffrey Skinner, you are so lucky I like surprises!”

“Am I?”

“Beyond lucky!” I explained sarcastically.

He gave me a weird look, “What would you have done to me?” He winked.

“I would have gone easy on you and probably only tackled you…”

“That’s easy?”

“Really easy.” I joked. “Wait! You are still gonna get food, right?”

“I wasn’t planning on it, why?”

“I will do so much worse than tackle you if you do not feed me!”

“Well then…” he pretended to be scared and put his hands up.

“Wishin’ I was knee deep in the water somewhere…” Jimmy Buffet started going off and Jeff’s iPhone lit up in the cup-holder.

“Hey, it’s Cam. Can you answer that and put it on speaker?”

~Hello

~Hey Jeff, it’s Cam. How are ya, buddy?

~Good, man. How are you?

~Doing good. Hey, remember when you were a rookie last year and we could make you do anything?

~Ughh, yeah.

~My babysitter cancelled. How quickly can you be at my house? I know you aren’t a rookie anymore, but you are still young and probably have nothing going on. I just don’t know the new guys well enough to trust them with my kids. Plus, Nolan loves you.

~Oh, I’m sorry Cam, but I am taking someone out right now. Is there anyone else you can call? And you have that newborn baby. I don’t know how to handle that, dude!

“I do! I do!” I whispered to him with a huge smile. “I love kids. We can do it!”

~I’m sure I can figure something out. Have a great night. Thanks anyw—

~Hey Cam?

~Yeah.

~Would it be okay if I brought my date to your house to help me watch the kids?

~You don’t have to do that! It’ll be fine!

~No, really. If it’s okay with you, I can be there in less than an hour. We will turn around now.

~That would be awesome, but are you sure?

~Yup.

~Thanks man, I really owe ya.

~No problem. See you soon. Bye.

~Goodbye.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jeff asked me.

“Definitely! We can feed the older one dinner, then play with him for a while, give him a bath, read him a few books, and then put him to bed. No problem.”

“You have this all planned out, don’t you?” He smiled at me and grabbed my hand, again.
I smiled back, “Sure do!”

“Oh and his name is Nolan, by the way, you don’t have to call him the older one.”

“Oh, well thank you.” I said sarcastically.

“Hey, don’t mention it.” He squeezed my hand, which I secretly really liked.

“By the way, what do you plan to do with the other kid while we are doing all that other stuff? He is only like 2 weeks old.”

“When a kid is 2 weeks, it sleeps all the time except when it eats.” I pulled my hand away from his and pulled the piece of hair my off of the sleeve on his shoulder.

“Oh. And if it needs to eat?”

“Then we feed him. Was that a serious question?”

“But if it needs to eat when we are doing that other stuff… like dinner or the bath.”
“We can handle it. It’ll be fine.” I smiled, “And what is the baby’s name?”

“His name is Mason, I think.”

“I love that name. I have always said that if I have a son, I would name it Mason. He took my idea!”

Jeff smiled, “What would I do without you?” He winked, expecting a sweet answer back.

“You would be in charge of two little boys who would pretty much have to fend for themselves for the night.” I joked

Jeff put on a fake smile.

I could tell he was being sincere, but it was hard for me to put my heart out there like that. I know that I make jokes to hide my feelings and I was really trying to be open with Jeff right off the bat, but I couldn’t do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. Thanks to all you guys that are reading. I really hope you are all liking it.

And thanks to crosbysyellowcrocs, we may be getting a sequel to this story(:
Keep y'all updated about that!