Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Second-Star-No-Show.

I was driving to practice and all I wanted to do was be back with her.

Katie—Kaitlin Skinner… Jeffrey and Kaitlin Skinner.

Has a nice ring to it. I thought to myself.

I couldn’t think like that. It was way too early to be doing that. I am 19 and she is 18. We have a few years.

I pulled into the RBC Center and saw Anthony pulling in right in front of me.

I parked the truck and he came around to me.

“Hey Stew. Good game last night, buddy!”

“You too, Mr. Second-Star-No-Show.”

“What?” I asked him, confused.

“You were the second star, dude!”

We started walking and I locked the car. “I didn’t even know. Chad came over to tell me in person that he scored the winning shootout goal, and he didn’t tell me.”
We both laughed.

“Figures.” He said back to me. “How’s the knee?”

“It’s good. I think I’ll be fine.”

“That’s great, man. Didn’t look pretty!”

“Didn’t feel pretty either, but I woke up and it feels alright. Hopefully time will heal and not make it worse.”

“Yeah, sometimes it takes time for the pain to actually start.”

“I’m hoping that doesn’t happen.”

We walked into the locker room and I immediately went to the trainer’s room.

“Hey, my man! Didn’t expect you to be up and around today!”

“I’m full of surprises.” I joked.

“I can see that. Now let’s see this thing.”

I took off my sweatpants so that I just had my shorts on to make it easier for him to see.
“This thing is not even that swollen! Looks good. We are gonna take a quick MRI to see what we need to do here. We will do them and then you can get out of here. We won’t have results till later anyway.”

“Sounds good.” I said, laying down on the table.

They did the tests and I was free to go. The team was already on the ice working out and I wasn’t cleared for that.

“Bye Joe, I’ll see you later. Thanks.” I yelled to the trainer.

I went to the car and decided to call Katie.

It rang and rang.

~Your call has been forwarded to and automated voice message system. KATIE CAAN is not available. To leave a callback number, press 5 now. When you are finished recording you may hang up, or press 1 for more options.

~Hey Kate, it’s me. I am gonna run home so that I can lie down for a little. I’m kinda tired after last night. I’ll come over in a little while though. Call me if when you get this.”

I hung up and pulled out of the driveway. Within seconds, my phone was ringing again.

~Hello?

~Hey, it’s Sam.

~Hi. Katie’s roommate, I’m guessing?

~Oh yeah, sorry.

~No problem. What’s up?

~I just saw that you were calling. I missed the phone though. Just thought you should know that Katei was sleeping. She didn’t feel good.

~Oh, okay. I was just gonna go home and relax for a little. Should I cancel dinner for tonight?

~No. I’m sure she will be okay! If you want to, you can come over and hang here. I’m sure she would be happy to see you when she woke up. She wasn’t feeling too hot, so that might get her out of whatever sickness she has got going on.

~Alright, I’ll head over. See you in a few minutes.

~Okay, Bye Jeff.

~Bye!

I don’t know if she wants me there because of who I am, or because her and Katie talked, but I only knew one thing—I get to go see a beautiful girl that I am having real trouble going minutes without.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a weird chapter, but I figured a little separate time was needed... even though they talked/thought about each other at almost all times. I promise something good is coming up... getting to it is what is causing the problem. It's taking me forever. I am really sorry!