Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Just tell me

I didn't know what to think. 

A baby.

Jeff and I walked out to the car. 

"Let's go out for some lunch. Take your mind off of things for a little while." Jeff suggested and I guess I accepted the offer when I flashed him a smile.

I curled up in the big seat and put on my seat warmer, looking out the window. 

I felt my eyes get heavy and closed them...

~~~

"Whe-- Wha--"

"It's okay." Jeff said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "You're fine. You're at my place."

"Oh thank god!" I sat up saying, as I fell into Jeff's arms for a hug. "I had this crazy dream."

"Oh yeah? Was I in it?" He asked, smiling. 

"As a matter of fact." 

I stopped and kissed him.

"Yes you were."

"Uh oh..." He said, joking around. "What was it about?" 

"I'm not telling you. You'll think I'm crazy." I told him, and I fully intended to keep my crazy dream-- or nightmare-- to myself.

"Come on! I'll take you out to lunch if you tell me... I already think you're crazy anyway." 

I can't do it. I can't tell him. He will think I'm nuts!

"Okay, so my dream was- you were gonna take me out to lunch, but I fell asleep in the car and then I woke up and now I am telling you my dream just because I am so hungry!"

He looked at me confused. 

"Kate... What happened before we went into the car?"

"You're pushing it now, Skinner..." 

"Just tell me." He said faking a laugh.

"Alright. Well you brought me to the doctors to get results."

"Results for?"

"A pregnancy test. Happy?" I joked. "Now I'm gonna scare you away because I am having crazy dreams like that."

He looked at me, and now the look of confusion turned to concern, so I continued my story hoping it would for some reason calm him down.

"And get this... I was pregnant and the baby wasn't even yours."

Still he said nothing so I, again, kept going. 

"...you were very supportive through it all though, even knowing the baby wasn't yours."

"So that was your dream?" He asked me.

"Yeah! Told you you'd think I was crazy."