Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Jeeeeeeeeeeeff!

I thought about letting him go without a little war, but decided against it.

When Jeff went to get up to walk to the bassinet, I grabbed his belt loop and pulled him back down on the couch.

I turned to him and roughly placed both hands on his chest. I tried to pull him in for a kiss, but he won that battle. He slid his head past mine, grabbed my wrists and pushed me away.

“The baby’s still crying.” He whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek.

He walked over to the crib and picked Mason up. I couldn’t help but smile every time tonight that I had seen him with the boys. He was really good with kids. He didn’t give himself nearly enough credit.

Jeff took the baby and walked into the kitchen to get a bottle ready.

I got up quietly and followed him in. I wrapped my arms around him tight stomach and kissed his shoulder.

When the microwave beeped, I took out the bottle for him and put the top on.

“This time it’s my turn!” I took the baby from Jeff.

“When we have kids, I know you aren’t gonna fight me to feed them!”

“Since when are we having kids?” I asked him, sitting down at the counter to feed the baby.

“Well, you know I like to move quickly. I figure, we met at lunch time, we were kissing by 9:00 the same night. I would say, by Friday you should be pregnant.” He joked.

I went along with it. “Woah, it’s Tuesday. Give me at least a week!!”

He laughed.

“But seriously, not even funny. I don’t know what I would do with a kid at this age. I want to be done with school before I even think about getting married, let alone have kids.”

“Me neither! Don’t worry.” He smiled, “But just remember, I’m not getting any younger.”

“Easy, my friend!”

“Jeeeeeeeeeeeff!” Nolan’s baby monitor began to yell.

“I’m on it.” He began to walk up the stairs.

“Hello!”

“Hi, Mrs. Ward!” I smiled.

“Oh honey, please. Call me Cody!” she smiled, “So, how were my baby boys?”

“Wonderful! Nolan is so much fun! I accidentally let him play past his bedtime. Jeff just went up to check on him. He was calling through the monitor.”

Cody laughed, “That little trouble maker!”

“And this little guy is great! He fussed a little when he was hungry and that is it!” I finished giving him his bottle and lifted him to burp.

Cody sat down at the counter next to me, “Who’s my good baby?” she asked in a gentle voice.

“That’d be me.” Cam walked in, joking

Cody rolled her eyes. “Go up to Nolan’s room and tell Jeff that they are free to go.”

“Yes dear!”

“And tell Nolan that he has to go to sleep or Parker isn’t going to be able to come over tomorrow and go to the game with him.”

“Anything else?” Cam asked, sarcastically and walked up the stairs.

“These NHLers are too much!” She warned me, jokingly.

I laughed, “So how was your dinner?”

“It was good. Thanks!” she smiled, genuinely. “You should have been at dinner with Jeff! I am so sorry that you guys canceled your plans. You really didn’t have to!”

“It is honestly no problem at all. We had a lot of fun!” I assured her.

Cam and Jeff came in loudly.

“Boys, shhhhh!” Cody said, nervously. “If I want any sleep tonight, this one has to stay sleeping!”

We all looked down at Mason sleeping in my arms. I hadn’t even realized that he fell asleep.
“Someone has the magic touch!” Cam winked to Jeff. “She’s a keeper.”

“Easy Cam. They just met today.” Cody said to him.

“Oh, sorry guys!” He apologized. “I got carried away. I thought Jeff was just hiding you from us!” He smiled at me.

“It’s fine.” I smiled and Jeff came over putting his hands on my shoulders.

“Ready?” He asked and I smiled.

“Nice meeting both of you!” I said to the Ward’s, “And if you ever need anyone to watch the kids, give me a call!”

“I definitely will!” Cody said, as she took Mason from my arms. “Are you going to the game tomorrow night?” She smiled widely.

I looked at Jeff.

“I hope so.” He smiled and grabbed my hand.

“So do I! I will save you a seat in the ‘family’ section just in case. And I will have my two and Tanya’s son, so it may be a mad-house.”

I raised my eyebrows giving her a weird look.

“Eric Staal’s wife! Sorry.” She apologized.

“No worries!” I smiled.

“Alright, it’s getting late! We better get out of here! Jeff suggested.

“I’ll walk you guys out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have realized that I really have to get this story going somewhere. It is dragging on. I'm gonna try to pick up the pace a little bit. I think it would make the story better.

Comment please! (: