Evil Mushroom

The Dare

Hello, My name is Liza. I am 14 years old [Authors Note: Not in real life. This is made-up]. I have 4 best friends named Casey, Jade, Ingrid, and Jamie.

***

"Hey guys," my friend, Casey said while we came into her living room.
"Hey!" Jade, Ingrid, Jamie and I said in unison.
"So...where do you want to go?" Ingrid asked.
"Let's go to the forest!",Jamie suggested.

We all agreed.

We walked outside and felt the cool breeze. When we got to the forest we saw how beautiful all the plants were.

Then something caught our eyes. A mushroom. Not just any mushroom, but a green one with purple polka dots. It was bigger than a mushroom's normal size too.

"I dare you to eat it," Jade dared Casey.
"Sure, it's not like I haven't ate a mushroom before," Casey replied.

Casey pulled out the mushroom from the ground and flicked off the dirt under it. She stuck it into her mouth, and chewed. Then she swallowed.

"Ew, I can't believe you did that!" I exclaimed.
"I can't believe I did that either. The mushroom is nasty," Casey answered.

We checked out all the trees and plants. Then an hour later we went back to Casey's house.

"Let's hang out again tomorrow!" she said.
"Alright," we said all together.

What Casey did not know, is it wasn't an ordinary mushroom. It had a different effect.

Tomorrow is going to be a brand new day for Casey...