Bloodlust

Stand Up

Lydia Lockwood stared at the screen of her 51" plasma screen T.V. The face of the man that attacked her appeared onscreen. He's been missing for 36 hours. Lydia sat there wondering what Mr. St. James had done. Would he have killed that man? Surely not, considering how kind and caring he was of her. But, then again she didn't know the first thing about Joel. She only knew where he lived and his name, but she also knew that she wanted to know more about him.

Lydia's phone rang and she glanced at it. It was her fiance, Weston York. He worked as a crime investigator here in L.A. She didn't particularly like his job considering there was never really a set schedule for when he was off but it did make him happy. That was all that mattered right?

Lydia answered the phone and stood up from the couch walking over to the window of her one story home. "Hey I just wanted to call and tell you that I can't make it home for lunch. Something came up," he replied and Lydia couldn't help but sight.

"Alright, well do you want me to send some food down to your office?" she asked and paced back over by the television.

"No, I'm pretty booked. I'm just going to grab something from the vending machine. I'll see you tonight?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure," Lydia said trying not to make the disappointment in her voice noticable.

"I'll make it up to you ok?"

"Wes, it's fine. I'll be ok. You just focus on whatever it is that's keeping you from coming home."

"Alright then, I will. See you tonight. Love you."

"Love you too," she replied and they both said goodbye before hanging up the phone. Lydia sank down into her couch and pulled her knees close to her. He was doing this more often now. Crime rates didn't increase so what's changed? Lydia picked up the remote to change the channel. If she had to see that man's face again she might just throw up.

As soon as Lydia stuck to a channel with a comedy on it her cell rang once more. She grabbed her phone seeing that it was work and she answered it. It was her turn to cancel on him. "Hello?"

"Hey Lydia, we're short tonight. Would you like to come in?" her coworker, Penelope, asked.

"I'd love to," she answered and with that she ended the call and went to her room to change. Lydia Lockwood worked at St. Margaret's County Hospital. She worked there as a nurse; she assisted Doctor Penelope in the emergency room. She liked to save lives and she didn't know what she would do without this job. Many times she thought about being an EMT, yet she still hasn't completely decided if she wanted to switch or not. Maybe she would when she got tired of doing the same ole thing everyday.

Lydia finished getting ready for work and then decided to text her fiance. She told him that she was called in to work and his reply didn't sound as if he cared much. Sometimes she wondered if he even loved her. They rarely ever saw eachother and he was always cancelling things on her. She wondered everyday since he proposed how this was ever going to work. How can you be married to someone that you never get to see? It didn't really make much sense to her, but then again a lot of things didn't. Like why her dad continued to gamble. He gambled himself so much into debt that if he hadn't of died of a heart attack she's pretty sure that the man that attacked her wouldn't have shown as much mercy to her father. Her father's death would've changed to that of natural causes to homicidal.

Lydia got into her car feeling like dirt. She didn't have many friends considering she worked all the time and the time she didn't spend at work she was attempting to spend with Weston. She felt so lonely sometimes, but she knew that she either needed to suck it up and quit complaining or take charge of her life and make some changes. She wasn't a big fan of change so instead of taking charge like any other confident, beautiful woman would do she decided to stop complaining and head off to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :)

If you like it please get someone you know to read it? I'd love feedback <3