My Only One

He Still Misses You

Brittany-
Five years. That’s how long it’s been since I last saw Jack. I missed him, so much. I couldn’t bring myself to try to talk to him. I was afraid of how he would react if I called him. The guys all told me to come to a show one night. I couldn’t face Jack. I know I broke his heart when I said no, but I was scared. He would always be on tour and I was scared that he would find someone better. I didn’t want to end up like my parents, divorced and hating each other. I sighed as I went out to the front to get the family of the next patient.

“Here for Sebastian?” I looked up from the clipboard to see Lisa, Alex’s girlfriend. She stood up and followed me into the room. “He should be up in a few minutes.” She nodded.

“He misses you, you know.” I stopped dead in my tracks. “He’s not the same.”

“I-I have to get back to work.” I stuttered and ran out of the room. I bumped into one of my colleagues.

“Hey where’s the fire?” He joked. He stopped as soon as he noticed me crying. “What’s wrong?” I pulled him into the little office.

“I don’t know… One of my friend’s from high school. His girlfriend is here and she told me that Audrey’s dad misses me still.”

“Just like you miss him.” He hugged me.

“I just can’t go see him and be like ‘hi Jack, I’m sorry I broke your heart, I hope you understand why I did that. Oh by the way, we have a daughter.’” I sobbed.

“Just try to talk to him.” He soothed.

“I want to but I’m just scared. I don’t know how he’d react to me telling him about Audrey. I mean he has a right to know her and be with her as does Audrey.”

“She knows who her dad is right?” I nodded.

“She carries his picture with her everywhere. I’m just afraid he won’t want anything to do with her though. It would crush her.”

“You’ll never know unless you try.”

“I know. Thanks Max.” I smiled faintly.

“No problem. You know I’m always here.” I went back to work. The day seemed to drag on and on. Though before I knew it the day was over. As I drove home, I heard an all too familiar song come on the radio. ‘Forget About It’. I thought about if it was about me. Jack saying he was over me and he hated me. Suddenly the little confidence I had about telling Jack was gone. When I got home I was greeted by my four almost five year old daughter.

“Mommy!” She squealed as she ran into my arms. “I have something for you!”

“Hey baby.” I picked her up and kissed her cheek. “What do you have?”

“Close your eyes and I’ll take you to the surprise.” She beamed. I set her down and she took my hand pulling me to the kitchen. “Okay Mommy open your eyes.”

“Hey Britt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So i decided to put up another chapter just because... comments?