Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 12

The ride was silent. Billie checked us in and we headed off to the pier. It was really busy, but not surprising for mid august. Billie had his arm around my shoulders as we walked to no destination in mind.
"Okay, I know I'm probably the last person you wanna be here with."
You're not.
"No mom's the last person I wanna be here with."
"Still, you don't want to be here with me."
Actually, I do.
"Just let loose. Have fun. Come on," he said, guiding me along.
We wound up in the massive aquarium. He was right. I had to let loose. After all, I was mad at my mom, not my rockstar idol. We pointed out different things to each other and went on a hunt for who could find the most starfish. After that, we got on a whale watch tour. We payed no attention the the tour guide, telling us things we didn't care about whales and such.
Billie had my hand is his and was holding me close as we just talked.
"Have you cooled off some from your deadly tirade?"
"I doubt it was deadly," I laughed.
"Oh, I don't know. You looked pretty murderous to me, ya know."
I laughed.
"What?"
"Nothing, nothing." I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing at his use of "Ya know."
"We should get dinner after this. Room service or on the pier?"
"Hmm. I was thinking room service. We can get dinner out tomorrow. I'm actually tired," I said.
"You're always tired."
"Yeah. It's just all the stress and work and soon school."
"So photography?"
I nodded. Mom must have told him.
"Like, for what? Magazines?"
"Well maybe, but I was thinking more like touring with bands."
"Maybe you could come on tour with us," he said with a crooked smile.
"Maybe I will." I smiled back.
The tour ended. It was nearly six so we went back to the hotel. He ordered all sorts of things from room service. I was laying on my bed with my iPod on Heart Collide. I was in love with him. This trip was only proving it more. I wanted it to just be me and him here forever. But obviously, I'd have to go back to where he wasn't mine.
Billie sat on the bed next to me. "Having fun?"
I nodded with a smile.
"Don't you ever get sick of us?"
"No way. I've been listening to these songs for eight years. It never gets old."
"What are you listening to?"
"Cigarettes and Valentines."
He smiled and started tracing my only tattoo. The Japanese symbols on the underside of my arm. "What does it mean?"
"Punk."
"You are a punk. And a drama queen."
"Am not!" I playfully thumped him on the chest.
He leaned on his side, propped up on his elbow. "Yes you are. Don't deny it. You know you are."
I reluctantly switched off my iPod and put it on the side table. Billie brushed a strand of hair out of my eye. I didn't even have time to realize what was happening before his lips were on mine. My stomach fluttered, but I didn't pass out like I thought I would. His lips were soft and warm as he kissed me passionately. I was beyond confused, but the kiss ended and his green eyes drove away all my troubles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you yet another plot twister was coming! I guess Jade gets her moms sloppy seconds....Not that Billie Joe is sloppy. He's just her seconds. You know you're obsessed when you're jealous of a fictional character....>.< Anyways, comments are appreciated!