Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 14

Everytime mom took his hand in front of me, I wanted to scream. I held it back to go along with whatever the hell Billie's plan was. That is, if he had one. It was three days after the trip and I was going insane. Billie could tell. I flinch when she called him pet names.
On the fourth day, we were at the studio. I drove there an hour before my mom. Billie before the guys. I ran straight into his amrs. We kissed and then he sat on the couch. I sat next to him.
"I can't do this Billie. This is crazy."
He stood abruptly. "You think I know what the fuck to do?"
"Calm down it's okay, I'm not mad at you." I stood up and took his hand.
"I'm kind of stuck. What do you expect me to do," he asked, going on as if I never spoke.
"I don't expect you to do anything until we come up with a plan."
"Well plan away. I have no idea." He was seriously pissed.
"It's okay. Just chill out."
What he did next was so unexpected. He shoved me away from him. I steadied myself. He turned.
"I'm sorry, Jade, I didn't mean that," he said softly, taking my hand.
I pulled away and back against the wall.
"Jade..."
We froze. The door opened. I turned and wiped my eyes quickly.
"Hey you two," mom said. "You're early."
I nodded. "I was actually on my way to work." I went to the door. "Bye."
I drove to work but didn't get out my car. My head was pounding and I was trying to figure out what the hell had gone down. Instead of going in, I started the car and went back in the direction of the house but turned into Serena's appartment complex.
*****
"You're fucking mental," Serena breathed.
"He kissed me! It's his fault."
"You're only saying that because he pushed you. It's your fault too."
"I know it is!" I groaned. "You aren't helping."
"I'm not here to help. I'm here to tell you to get your shit together and figure out what you got yourself into. You can't keep lying."
I shook my head. "Why," I moaned. "Why me?"
"Wait, I got it! You two could run away together! It would be like one of those forbidden love things!"
"My mom is their producer, smartass."
"Oh. Right. How long is this going on for?"
I shrugged. "They just started."
"Damn. You're pretty muc screwed, in that case."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Serena! She's awesome! More chapters coming tomorrow. I'm a write-a-holic, that's why they're coming more than once a day. It's midnight exactly here. Off to bed with me! More drama to come in the next chapters maybe tomorrow.