Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 4

I drove with my mom to the studio at ten in the morning the next day. We arrived before the guys and went inside. It was really ironic that I had never been in a recording studio until now. It was an average studio, nothing special about it, but it felt so good being where Green Day records. Just the energy felt great. Then, the three walked in, increasing the amazing energy.
Tre was holding a beer in his hand. Of course, might I add. Billie had a bottle of water. And Mike had-Obviously-coffee. Tre draped his arm over my shoulder.
"Wassup, my little stalker?" He gave me his insane smile with his head cocked to the side.
I blushed and giggled. "A beer? Really?" I wrapped my arm around his waist.
"What are you? A cop?" He pulled away and sat in the chair in front of the mix board.
"Hey, Jade," Mike greeted me.
"Hi."
"Hey," Billie drawled in his, as he says, Englisman-American-Englishman voice.
They all got down to business. It wasn't all business though....
Tre was jumping around and beating his drums like a monkey, causing Billie to laugh and stumble, knocking over his water, only to make Mike, my mom, and me laugh harder. I was sprawled out on the couch watching them amuse me and each other. They weren't totally uptight and perfessional about recording, and I liked that. The day just showed me that they were even more down to earth than I thought. Unfortunately, they were only working on Hearts Collide, and I'd heard that song. I was looking forward to a new song, but hey, oh well.
While mom was doing all her editing stuff I'd never understand, Billie sat next to me on the couch, and Mike and Tre were talking while sitting on the other couch along the side wall.
"Are you having fun," Billie asked.
"Yeah," I said honestly. "This is just amazing, seeing you guys here."
He squeezed my shoulder and let his hand stay there. My stomach filled with butterflies. I bit my lip to keep from freaking out.
"How are Joey and Jakob?"
"Good. I was actually planning on bringing them to the studio tomorrow. We don't mind if you come," he said.
I couldn't help smile. "Yeah, I'll come."
"Cool."
The down wound down and we all left. I wasn't sad. I was just excited for the next day to come.
***
At the studio the next day, they beat us this time. Jakob and Joey were there too.
"Guys, this is Jade, Shannon's daughter."
"Hi," Jakob said.
Joey smiled at me. "Hey, Jade."
"Don't even think about," Billie muttered.
"Just sayin' hi to the girl. C'mon dad."
Jakob smirked. "Yeah, that's it."
"Shut up."
"Make me."
"Boys!"
They fell silent.
"Go sit down."
They listened to Billie, but kept a quieter argument going.
I sat on the same couch as the day before. They guys headed in to record a song I hadn't heard, called Nuclear Family. I definitely liked the song. There wasn't one song that they sand that I didn't like. Hell, they could do Friday by Rebecca Black and I'd love it.
It's just something about Billie's voice. It's haunting in songs like Christian's Interno and angelic in songs like When It's Time or Working Class Hero.
Mike's voice was awesome too. He just has thought real punk edge. Tre's voice was so unique, on the otherhand. And his songs are just hilarious.
Oh and in case you're wondering whatever happened to that trip to Pier 39, it's still happening. My mom and I are going in two weeks. I was really looking forward to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! And by the way, Green Day really does have a song called Nuclear Family on their next album. Can't wait to here it! Tell me what you think.