Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 8

The mall had at least 35 stores, if not more. We started on the left and were moving counterclockwise. Our first store that mom wanted to stop in was American Eagle. We went with her. Inside, the store wasn't busy. There was actually only one costumer. She was a pretty blonde with a familiar face. Just as Mike went up to her, I remembered it was his girlfriend, Brittney.
Mike decided to go off with Brittney. Billie and mom stayed in American Eagle, but Tre looped his arm through mine and towed me out of the store.
"Where do you wanna go?"
I shrugged. "I don't care."
"Come on! There's a ton of stores to choose from. Where now?"
"Pacsun?"
"Sure."
He laced his fingers through mine and we walked down to Pacsun. And by walked, I mean skipped and messed around like kids. Tre was so hyper on camera and on stage, and now he was acting like it in the middle of the outlet mall.
A lot of people stared, but hey, it's Tre we're talking about here. I think a few people recognized him, but it was hard to tell.
Tre could easily be recognized. He had grown out his hair and his mohawk had to be a half a foot tall and he wore sun glasses. The typical Tre look. Mike looked pretty much the same too. But Billie was wearing a beanie and sun glasses, making an attempt to blend.
Just then, four girls ran up to us, freaking out over Tre. It was actually kind of funny. He signed autographs and then we made it to the store alive. Thank God. We didn't even go in when two more girls approached us.
Just go with the flow. It's not a big deal. He's famous. What are you gonna do?
Instead of going into the store after the girls left, we sat down on a bench and just talked. Well, actually, we flirted. This was definitely what I had in mind. I wasn't even paying attention to what he said, honestly.
Tre and I must've talked for well over an hour. I had my head on his chest. He had his arm over my shoulders and I was holding onto his hand. We were quiet for a few minutes, and then he leaned his forehead on mine. My heart was beating insanely fast.
Someone cleared their throat. We looked up to see Billie, my mom, Mike and Brittney.
"Um, sorry," Billie said, "We're done. Are you guys good?"
I nodded. "Yeah."
Tre stood and took hold of my hand. All four of us walked back to Billie's BMW. Mike kissed Brittney bye and we all got in. At home, I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling, contemplating what had happened and what almost happened between Tre and I.
I do know one thing, though. He was a sweet guy, but not what I was looking for. A finally let out the pain I was feeling inside. I cried quietly into my pillow. My mom had the guy of my dreams and now, there was no denying that I was jealous.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Brittney is Mike's ex wife, but I couldn't remember Mike's current girlfriend's name, so there you have it. Shocker coming up in either the next chapter, or the one after that. Now, I shall go and yell at my Tre Cool robot on Smallworlds.com. I set him on automatic and he keeps slapping me. Thanks Tre, I love you too. =/ Comment!