Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 9

The next day found me at Serena's. We were lying on the couch roasting marshmallows over a candle. We hardly talked. I was too down to say anything. Serena shifted to face me.
"I know it's bad. You can't keep it all bottled up, though. Let it out. I'll tell you what I think of it all."
"Like a shrink?"
She nodded. "Sure. Start from the begining when you first met him."
"Well, obviously I freaked out. Then after the two days in the studio, I was a lot calmer, but still freaked out." She laughed at that. "Then, the next day, I came home and saw them together." I bit my lip and tried to keep tears back.
"Let it out, hun," she said, rubbing my back.
Tears spilled over, but I was surprised at the anger that flooded me aswell. "She knows I have a huge crush on him! Why the fuck would she do that to me? I only rant about every little thing I found out about him! I mean, no, I don't have a chance with him, but I don't want a gorgeous rockstar sex god as my step dad!"
"Maybe they'll break up before they get engaged. I doubt they'll get married or anything."
"But it's still nightmare! It makes me fucking sick!" I cried out of anger now. My stomach was in knots and then it got worse as I remembered something. "I'm going to Pier 39 with her too! I don't wanna be anywhere near her. I hate her." I said the last part quietly.
"You don't hate her. You hate what she did. You could never hate her. Your relationship is too good."
I started bawling even harder. Serena put her arms around me and stroked my hair.
"What did I do?"
"Nothing. You didn't do anything to deserve this. And I get it. It's sick and twisted and gross. I understand that much," she said softly.
There was a half an hour silence of just me crying.
"Dammit. I can't stand to see you like this. You know what we're gonna do? Go to the liquor store and buy stuff and make drinks."
I made an attempt at a smile. "You do realize that it never turns out good?"
"Yeah." She grabbed her keys and out the door we went.
When we were back, we had vodka, rum, a ton of fruity stuff I'd never heard over and a big backup bottle of vodka for if the drink didn't turn out. She threw random things in the blender, starting with rum and ice cream.
"Ice cream?"
"Yep.I'm not no mixologist. I have no idea what I'm doing." With that, she threw cocoa cola in the blender. After a few more ingredients, she turned it on and mixed it. "Some for you. Some for me," she said, pouring two glasses.
"Cheers!" We clinked out glasses and gulped it down.
"Oh my God. Ew. Gross."
"This makes my situation seem like rainbows and unicorns. This is not a good time. I swear if you get me sick off this stuff, I'll kill you."
"Don't worry. We got our backup shots." She took out two shot glasses and poured us some vodka.
"No coke?"
"Oh, honey, when you're this down, it's better to just let the vodka take over."
"To my fucked up life!"
Shot numero uno.
"To my parents ditching me," Serena yelled.
Shot number two.
"To me for being stupid and not liking Tre back!"
I gulped mine but she gaped at me. "He likes you?"
I nodded. "He almost kissed me. But I don't like him as much as I thought I did. You'd understand if you met him."
"Alright," she said finishing off her shot.
Shot three.
"To....oh yeah, me being jobless!"
"Me too!"
We drank down our fourth.
Ten minutes later, we were completely drunk. I was an idiot and got in my car to drive home. Thank fucking jesus I didn't get pulled over. I stumbled up the steps and into the house. Billie was inside with mom.
"Hi, sweetie," mom said. "Are you okay?"
"Sure am! Never felt fucking better! It's like a huge weight's been lifted off my shoulders! I feel amazing." I was stumbling toward the couch in my heels. Why did I where heels? "What's up," I said, plopping down next to Billie.
"She drunk," he laughed.
"So? I feel great."
I laid down, curled up so I wouldn't be on Billie.
"You never drink this much. Wwhat's wrong, Jade?" Mom gave me a concerned look.
"You know, nothing anymore. At least until tomorrow. Sometimes, I just gotta drink away the problem, you know? It totally helps."
"But what problem?"
I stood up. "You know!" I gestured to Billie and her. "I'm going to bed."
I headed upstairs, but stumbled and fell flat on my ass. I groaned.
"I got her," Billie said.
He picked me up in his arms and carried me to my room.
"Night," he said.
"Good night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer chapter, but funnier, I hope! Tell me what you think! I really like Serena. She's based on my friend Skye, who totally hates seeing me down so she'll do anything to cheer me up. Comments=Quicker update!