Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

baby don't stop now

June 2011

It was the last day before John went off with the guys to finish recording the last few parts for the new album. John and I had agreed that today was about us. No wedding plans, no stress, just us.

“So what would my beautiful fiancee like to do today?” John asked, sitting on the edge of our bed, as I pulled my t-shirt over my head. As I turned around to face him, a smile spread over my face.

“Hmm,” I pondered as I walked over to him. I placed my legs either side of his lap and my arms around his neck. “I was thinking we could pack a picnic and head out to the desert for a few hours and them maybe we could come back here and now,” I trailed off and pushed his body back against the bed.

“I like your thinking,” he smirked, leaning his head forward towards mine. I pulled my head away from his, letting out a soft laugh,

“Oh no, no,” I said, sitting back up and rolling off his lap. “I said after.”

“Urgh, you’re such a tease,” he groaned, sitting back up.

“I know, but you love it really,” I winked before walking out of our bedroom. “Now get your ass ready, O’Callaghan.”

“Get my ass ready for what?” I heard him laugh as I made my way downstairs.

I pulled out my hamper and began putting food into containers and placing them in it. I grabbed a couple of plates and some cutlery and finally placed a blanket on top covering it all. By the time I was finished, John walked in the kitchen singing to himself.

“I’m going to miss you doing that around the house for the next couple of weeks,” I sighed.

“You always say that, but I bet you don’t at all,” he said, picking up the hamper as I grabbed my bag and we made our way out of to his truck. “I bet you actually enjoy the quiet.”

“No way, I hate the quiet, you should know that,” I smiled. “I miss the sound of your voice in general when you’re gone though.”

Once we arrived at the desert, John pulled over in our usual spot and we walked to where the best view was. It was mid afternoon so the sun was beating down on us, birds were singing and bees were buzzing about. John was humming as our hands swung between us as we walked. As we reached where we wanted to be, John shook out the blanket for us to sit on. As we ate and laughed, I remember why I loved John. It was the simple things we did together and how we fitted with each other. The rest of the world didn’t matter wen it came to me and John. After a couple of hours, all the food was gone, my skin was burning and my back was aching.

Laying in John’s arms, I rolled over so I could face him. When I looked at him, the sun had reached the perfect point in the sky that it was hitting his face in all the right places. His sunglasses covered his eyes and his hair was pushed back. He was the love of my life and even though we’d had our hard moments, it was all worth it to be here with him now.

His face broke into a smile as I laid on my front staring at him.

“What are you looking at?” he asked.

“You,” I stated. “You’re kind of gorgeous, you know.”

“Well, I try my best,” he laughed.

“And then you do that,” I said, rolling onto my back and staring up at the sky.

“You know I’m only joking,” he said, turning over so he was laying on top of me. “I could never be more gorgeous than you.”

“Well played,” I grinned. I felt my heart beat speed up as I looked up at him. If this area was a bit more secluded, I could have easily ripped his clothes off here and now. He bent his head down and kissed my lips, then my neck and moved down to my collarbone. “I will never get enough of that,” I breathed as he pulled away.

“How about we head home?” he asked and I nodded. We packed up the hamper and walked back to the truck hand in hand.

Once back at our house, I put the hamper in the kitchen and began clearing it out.

“Leave it,” John groaned into my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Come on.”

“I’ve actually got a better idea,” I smiled, turning around to face him. He raised his eyebrows as he looked down at me. “Get dressed up, you’re taking me going,” I said, pulling out of his grip and making my way upstairs.

“Where am I taking you?” he asked, once we caught up to me in our bedroom.

“Dancing,” I said, as i stuck my head out of the closet.

“Oh, that’ll be nice of me,” he laughed as he pulled his shirt over his head.

A few minutes later, after I’d searched through the dresses I had, I walked back out of the closet in a long red maxi dress and slipped my shoes on. I shook my hair around my shoulders and ran my hand through it. As I looked up, I saw John standing there with his mouth open, dressed in black jeans and a white shirt.

“Fuck, Hannah,” he gasped. “I am so glad I’m marrying you.”

I quickly did my make up and we were back out of the door just over an hour after we’d arrived home. We’d ordered a cab to take up to a restaurant where we had food and a few drinks. Conversation ranged from our friends to our families to plans we had for redecorating the house. We kept it casual, we laughed, kissed.

When we left the restaurant, we began to walk down the street, our hands once again swinging between us. John ran his thumb over the back of my hand as our fingers intertwined.

“So I guess you want to dance now?” he asked.

“I sure do, O’Callaghan,” I said, pulling him to me and placing his free hand on my shoulder and putting mine under his arm and on his back. We began to move together as John laughed.

“What are you doing pretty girl? There’s no music!”

“We don’t need music,” I told him, looking up to meet his green eyes. “I just need you.”

As we continued to move, John began to hum a familiar tune. Then he started to sing.

I’m gonna love you more than anyone, I’m gonna hold you closer than before and when I kiss your soul, your body’ll be free, I’ll be free for you any time, I’m gonna love you more than anyone,” he sang quietly. As he sang the last few words, he released my hand and spun me around.

“I love that song,” I breathed.

“I know you do,” he smiled.

A while later after we’d decided to walk back to our house, I stopped walking as I glanced up at the sky.

“I love the sun, it’s my favorite thing about living here, you know, the heat,” I said. “But the moon is just so bright it’s beautiful.”

“Just like you,” John said. “Are we ever going to get home?”

“I just don’t want tonight to end,” I sighed. “It’s been so perfect.”

“I know we don’t get a lot of this days, but I treasure every single one,” he said as we continued walking. “And I know it hurts you to see me go, I’m still with you, even if I’m not here myself.”

We finished the walk home, occasionally stopping for kisses, hands traveling, John unbuttoning his shirt, me pulling his jacket around my shoulders.

Today was simple. Today was easy. Today was everything it needed to be. John was about to leave again for a couple of weeks. I was used to it now and instead of being sad and missing him, I remembered the days like today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Day outfit
Evening outfit

Just a reload of this chapter. Such a pain in the ass.