Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

oh it's been go, go, go

“Professor Woods is being so hard on us this term, I don’t know how much more my brain can take!” Holly moaned.

“You? Try being me, I’ve got to write a 8,000 word paper comparing art and culture between The Tempest and Hamlet,” I told her. “Not exactly what I want to be doing three weeks before Spring Break.”

“Ouch,” she scoffed. “Suddenly, doing a History Teaching course doesn’t seem quite so bad!”

With so many different classes and so much work being set and nights out at the weekend, the only time me and Holly got to catch up between us was the an odd meet up for coffee once every couple of weeks. Today was one of those times. I’d been late thanks to finishing an oral presentation for one of my classes. Holly had also arrived late because her lecture had over run. This wasn’t the first time this had happened. But now we were gossiping about everything. Who had slept with who, who was failing what, who had worn something embarrassing. It was just how it went. Me and Holly knew each other inside out and could say anything to each other and we’d usually end up giggling.

“So, Kirsten wants us to go out on Friday night,” Holly said.

“Where this time?” I asked, taking another sip of my coffee.

“Some bar, I think,” she shook her head. “I’m getting bored of the guys around here, we need some new ones.”

“Yeah, that’s what we need, more boys,” I laughed.

“Oh speaking of,” she said, raising her eyebrows to the door. Before I had a chance to turn around I heard footsteps near our table.

“Holly Bolton, what are you doing here?” a familiar voice said. “And Hannah? Erm, hi.”

“Hi, John, hey Eric,” I said, acknowledging them both. I hadn’t seen either of them since the gig The Maine had played and I had left. Holly had learnt not to push it with me and John had stopped contacting me.

“God, I haven’t seen you guys in like two months,” John said. “Mind if we join you?”

Before we even had a chance to answer, both the boys grabbed a chair and sat around the table with us. The conversation continued awkwardly about mine and Holly’s college courses and then about the tour that The Maine had just finished.

“Would you look at that, I need a refill,” Holly said, finishing off what was left in her cup. “Hey Halv, come get another with me.”

“But I don’t need-”

“Just come,” she demanded. I shot her a glare as she march off with Eric in tow.

“Are you ever going to talk to me properly again?” John said after a couple of minutes in silence.

“John, I don’t know what to say. I think it’s quite clear that I’m not ready for this so I don’t know what you want.”

“Ready for what? What says we can’t just be friends?”

“I just...I don’t know.”

“Just come out with me, not a date. With all of us, bring Holly, bring whoever. We’ll just go out, get drunk and have a good night with everyone,” he reasoned.

“Well, we are supposed to be going out on Friday, I guess you guys could come then?” I suggested.

“Sounds great, we’ll be there,” he smiled, as Holly and Eric returned to the table.

“You guys OK?” Holly asked.

“Yeah, I, um, I invited John and the guys out with us on Friday, if that’s OK?” I told her, getting raised eyebrows in return.

“That would be great,” she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Just a short little chapter. Keep in mine I said there were going to be quite a few bigger time jumps in this story, like this has been a two month-ish jump from the last chapter. Enjoy :)