Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

you can break me down

I sat at the dinner table we had in the main room of the flat that I shared with some of my friends and listened to Holly moan about the amount of work that she still needed to finish before finals week. Meanwhile, I was rereading the same piece of text over and over and I tried to analyse the style of the writing. All I really wanted to do was slam the book shut and get back in bed and sleep.

“So I really need to finish this essay by next week, otherwise I can say goodbye to my social life for the next month,” she moaned.

“I just really can’t wait for this month to end,” I told her, sighing and putting down my pen as I realised I was going to get no work done whilst she was sat with me.

“Why’s that, because John will be home?” she teased.

“No, because then I will be free for the summer and don’t have to worry about school for the next three months,” I said.

“But also because that’s when John comes home, right?”

“Holly! Yes, that’s when John comes home but that is not top of priorities right now!”

“What’s going on between you two now?”

“I don’t know, nothing really. He’s been recording for the past three weeks and was on tour for five weeks before that so we haven’t spoken.”

“You know he’s going to call as soon as he gets back though,” she told me.

“No, I don’t know that.”

“But you were all over each other before he left, it was nauseating.”

“We had sex a few times, I’d hardly say we were all over each other,” I shrugged. He’d been away since the end of March and we hadn’t spoken since that afternoon when he came to our apartment and promised to take me out when he got back.

“Well, I heard there’s going to be some sort of get together when they get back, since it’s like the start of summer and all too,” Holly told me.

“Oh really, that sounds good,” I said, absentmindedly. My thoughts were on John again and I could feel myself beginning to smile at the thought of us together in bed.

“Yeah, it should be. So, you gonna talk to John about it?” she asked.

“Yeah maybe, I’ll see how the next couple of weeks and my finals go.”

Over the next three weeks, I put all my energy into studying. Going out and drinking was put on hold while I tried to pass my freshman year of college. I shut myself away in my room so that I could stay concentrated and get all my work done. I was working my way through essay after essay and then it came to my final paper. I was literally close to pulling my hair out from the stress and couldn’t wait for it to be over.

“Oh my god, will you just talk to him already?” Holly said one day. “Find out when he’s home, maybe he could relive some of this stress for you.”

“No Holly, I haven’t got time for that, I need to get this work done.”

“Fine, then I’m going to talk to Jared,” she said, skipping out of my room.

I sighed and continued to flip through my notes and textbooks and piece everything together so it would make sense. Two more days and school would be over for summer. I couldn’t wait.

“Right,” Holly said, walking back in my room. “Jared says they’re home in 5 days. That means we’ve two days left of term and then three days until your loverboy is back.”

“He’s not my-”

“Yes he is, so shut up,” she grinned. I rolled my eyes and looked back to the book in front of me.

Finally, the last day of the semester had arrived and I couldn’t wait until it was over. I walked into class, did what I had to do and left again, with a much bigger smile on my face. My first year of college was done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

Just wanted to quickly update! Since this story begun, we've now skipped through six months in nine chapters, just so you all understand what's going on.

Don't forget, I've got another John O'Callaghan story, which is a bit further through than this one, but you can find it here: Only in it for a Minute. And I've just posted the title page for another story that I will posting the first chapter for as soon as possibly here: Walking After You which is going to be a You Me At Six story, so if you like them, check it out. There's not much there are the moment, but once I post the first chapter it will all become clearer.