Hum Hallelujah

Bye Bye Urie.

When I opened my eyes my vision was blocked by a sticky note attached to my forehead. I pulled it off and took a look.
"Dear Pete,
We've had good times sure but I hope you understand that I just can't live like you do. I don't want to live in hiding. I hope you reconsider joining the Dandies. It'd be good to work with you again and I don't think I could stand fighting with you. Good luck and I'll see you around.
Bren."
I looked around and sure enough his stuff was gone. There was no trace of him ever being there. It made me incredibly sad. I would have died for that boy. Well... died again. He was and always will be my best friend. But if he endangers my guys I don't know what I would do.
I didn't leave my room that day and if anyone knocked I would just yell at them to go away. I didn't feel bad for it. I couldn't feel any worse than I already did.
There was another knock at the door.
"Go away!" I yelled.
"Aww come on Petey. You've sent everyone else away!! And I have food. A boys gotta eat right?" the person replied.
"Emily don't you have your own home?" I snapped. She shouldn't be here.
"Yes but it's boring. Now are you going to let me in or am I going to have to find a way in?" "I'm not letting you in. Go away."
I heard a "Humph" and retreating footsteps as she walked down the hall. Good. I didn't want anyone in here. I had still had my shake, just in case, but this was non of their business and they would probably make it worse. I just needed time.
I let my eyes shut again and took a moment to relish in the peace I had before realising why I was all alone. Then, overwhelmed by sadness, I did the one thing that always made me happy. I picked up my guitar, laid back down on the bed and played.
When I opened my eyes again there was a familiar face sat at the bottom of my bed. Again.
"Emily?! How did you get in here?!" I said pulling my guitar closer to me.
"I pick locks. We've had this discussion." she said as if it was a natural thing.
"Yeah so you know what I'm going to ask next." I replied narrowing my eyes at her. I didn't like this one bit.
"A screwdriver and a metal coat hanger. Now care to tell me what's up?"
I rolled my eyes at her and plucked at a few chords.
"You should know. You seem to know everything else. Just get out and take your food." I said sounding as bitter as I wanted.
"Now we both know that's not going to happen." she observed me playing for a little while. "You're good you know. Ever thought of joining a band?"
I laughed and shook my head.
"You seriously have no idea?" I asked her opening one eye.
She shook her head.
I sighed and got off the bed to wander over to my drawer. Pulling out my Ipod I flicked to one of our albums and gave it her.
"Listen but don't look at the artist. Or the cover." I instructed.
She put the headphones in one by one. I turned the volume up full (how music should be played) and pressed play. Leaving the Ipod on the bed and hearing the familiar sounds of "I don't care" come on I picked up my guitar and played along softly. I saw her eyes widen and smiled.
"Oh my God who are these?!" she blurted, clearly too excited to even remeber to look.
"Have a look and find out dumbass."
She looked down and brought the Ipod closer to her face.
"Fall Out Boy? Who are they?"she asked clearly puzzled.
"They were a band formed by me including Patrick, Joe and Andy. Patrick was the lead singer. I was the Bassist. Joe was the Guitarist and Andy was the Drummer. We were big." I said chuckling slightly.
"Why do you keep saying things like "were" and "was"? You make it sound like they aren't together anymore."
"We aren't. We had to split up when it became obvious I wasn't ageing. We plan on returning when there's a new generation."
"Wait? Did you just say we?!" She said a little too high for my liking.
"Yeah I have already explained that it was me and the guys' band. Don't you listen?"
But it was no use. She was already out of the door and running down the hallway shouting for Patrick. I smiled and closed my eyes again before continuing to strum on my beloved Bass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments needed please.