Hum Hallelujah

A Kiss.

"Pete! Oops sorry. Brendon told me to get something in case anyone came in without using the secret knock." Emily said like it was the normal thing.
"So you got a glass of water?" I said sarcastically pulling out the ear piece.
It was sizzling. Apparently it wasn't waterproof. Well that was just great. Looks like I'm on my own from now on.
"Well I had this too." she said holding a chair leg which had been snapped off. It was pointed at me and I quickly took it away from her.
"What did you do that for!" she said annoyed.
"Because I know what we're like. Last time we were alone I tripped and spilled juice over you. Now were alone and you've spilled water over me so I'm taking precautions." I said giggling slightly.
She grinned and I came in and shut the door. It seemed odd that she was all alone. I began to wonder if it was a trap.
"Where are your guards?" I asked suspiciously.
"Who? Brendon? He had to go get something to eat. You know cravings and all. Amy went to get me something to eat. She should be back soon actually." she looked towards the door and I wandered around the room. At least she was taken care of.
"Is this your room?"
"Nope. Brendon and Amy's. William told him he had to look after me. I kinda punched Beckett in the face. He got mad. "
"HIGH 5!!!" I shouted possibly a little too loud.
She high fived me and then suddenly seemed to change.
"Where's Patrick?" she asked looking toward the door.
"He's not coming. It wasn't safe for him. I was supposed to stay in contact using the earpiece but then you threw water on me..."
"Oh." she said looking at the ground and sounding disappointed.
"How did you get in then?" she asked.
"I'm now a Dandie." I said simply. It was gonna be hard to get used to that.
"What?! Why?" she yelled.
"Because if I didn't you'd be dead. You're free to go now."
"Oh great so the boy who I have only just met and who happens to be a vampire is the one to come and save me? Not my boyfriend? The one who's supposed to love me."
She sat down on the bed and I strode over to her. It was obvious she was in a bit of a mess. I place my hands on her shoulders and crouched down to her level.
"Hey! Listen to me. He loves you as much as you love him. It's just there was a very slim chance he would get out of here alive. At least this way you can leave without anyone getting hurt." I tried to sound enthusiastic. I wasn't.
"But what about you?" she said quietly looking at me.
"I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll find a way out at some point. Who knows it might not be too bad." I smiled at her and she just looked at me.
"Thank you." she said.
Then she kissed me. Although it was wrong of my I didn't pull away. I don't know why. I just didn't. The worst part is I kissed her back. The little voice was screaming at me to pull away, to think of Patrick, but it wasn't my head that was in control. It was something else entirely.
I thought I heard a knock on the door but we both ignored it. Until it opened and a girl walked in carrying a plate.
"Emily?!" she said stopping in her tracks.
I quickly pulled away and rubbed the back of my neck going extremely red.
"Erm... I need to go find my room. You should probably go too... before Beckett changes his mind. See you around Emily." I said and turned to leave. But this girl wasn't letting me. No, instead she was grinning at me.
"So this is Patrick is it? He's not what I expected." she said looking at Emily and winking at her.
"Erm... not exactly." Emily replied.
"Then who is he?" the girl asked.
No-one had time to reply because there was another knock at the door and Brendon walked in. One look at me and he ran over grabbing me into a bear hug.
"Pete! Oh God it's so good to see you! Is everything alright?" he blubbered.
"Yeah it is. Good to see you too." I managed to say.
"Pete?! Then who's Patrick? I thought Patrick was your boyfriend."
"Amy I want you to meet Pete. Pete's one of my oldest friends. Pete meet Amy. She's my girlfriend." Brendon said proudly pulling her to him.
"Right. So it's Pete and Emily that go out?" Amy asked clearly confused. To be honest I was too.
"No. It's Emily and Patrick. Why would you ask?" Brendon said equally as confused.
"Then why did I walk in on those two kissing?!" she said throwing her hands up in the air completely forgetting about the plate. Luckily I was fast.
"They what?!" Brendon shouted. "Pete is this true?!"
"Erm... kinda." I mumbled.
Busted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcomed. :)