Hum Hallelujah

A Little Scuffle.

Brendon's POV
I escorted Emily out of the building in silence. I was occasionally met with growls from other Dandies who caught a smell of her but one look from me told them to back off. Afterall I was Becketts right hand man. Even if I have only been here for a few days.
"Are you taking me all the way home?" Emily asked suddenly.
"Of course I am. If I left you out here chances are some other vampire would just pick you off." I said looking at her before walking infront.
"Oh. Well you don't have to." she said quietly.
"I know I don't but I made a promise to Pete that you would get home safe. And we both know Patrick wouldn't let me live if I didn't." I replied laughing slightly.
"Yeah. Pete." she mumbled.
I frowned and let us walk half way down the next street before stopping. She walked straight into my back and I had to catch her.
"God you are clumsy aren't you." I said making sure she weas steady.
"Hey I prefer the term unco-ordinated." she replied and laughed.
I laughed to until I remembered why I had stopped.
"Look I need to ask you about Pete." I started but she held up her hand.
"I know it was wrong and a mistake it was just because I was a little stressed and confused and he was there. That's all." she said.
"Alright. But you need to make a decision because trust me you can't have them both. Especially not if they're best friends."
"But I don't know Brendon!" she cried.
"You and him both keep saying that. You need to suck it up! Life isn't easy. So make a decision." I snapped. I felt bad for it but it was the right thing to do.
She looked straight at her feet and fiddled with her shirt.
"What do you mean we both keep saying that?" she asked nervously.
I sighed heavily.
"So you're just going to ignore the whole "you need to make a decision" thing? Ugh. Well when I asked him what he was going to do he didn't know either. He just knew he wasn't going to get in the way of what you and Patrick have." I said and then instantly regretted it.
"But you don't repeat any of what I've said. Understood?" I said eyeing her warily.
"Of course. If he's decided that then I know exactly what I'm going to do. I will stay with Patrick for as long as it feels right. I have a good relationship with him." she said and nodded once.
Suddenly a vampire phased behind her and grabbed her by the throat. Throwing down her suitcase I growled once giving the vampire a warning. Unfortunately he wasn't a Dandie so this meant nothing to him.
I leapt at him and knocked him and Emily to the ground. Unfortunately he didn't let go of Emily and she somehow managed to be turned underneath him meaning me and this brute landed on her. Panicking I stood up quickly and dragged him off of her. She just laid there unconscious.
"Emily?! Can you hear me!" I yelled. Nothing.
I heard a shuffle behind me and turned to find the vampire back on his feet.
"She's mine!" I hissed. If he thought she was my prey maybe he would leave us alone.
"Vampires don't know the names of their prey boy. Give her to me. Or die with her."
"I wont be the one dying and she wont be going with you." I growled back at him.
"Look I don't know who you are but you clearly don't know the rules of this place. Give her to me."
"I know the rules. Back off or Beckett will find you if I don't kill you myself." I threatened.
He lookedat me a bit confused.
"Beckett. What ties do you have with Beckett." he said standing up slightly.
"Dude. I'm a Dandie. His right hand man. Duh." I said a bit offended he didn't know.
"You? Pah! As if. Where's your suit. Where's the brutality? You're nothing but a newborn!" he laughed wiping tears from his eyes.
I growled at him and jumped on him. Grabbing his throat I ripped one of his ears off.
"Brutal enough for you boy?!" I hissed and punched through his heart making his explode into ashes.
Dusting myself off and walking over to EmilyI lifted her into my arms, picked up her bag and sprinted her home.That was too close. She wasn't damaged luckily just passed out and by the time I got there she had begun to come round. I knocked on the door and leaned down to Emily's ear.
"Don't tell them about the kiss." I whispered not sure if she could hear me but hoping she could.
Patrick opened the door and his eye's widened.
"What happened?!" he screeched.
"We ran into trouble. She's free. Pete is safe. Look after her Patrick. I'll check in when I can. Oh and I need that bag" I said handing him Emily's stirring body throwing her bag inside and grabbing Pete's before waving slightly and running back home.