Hum Hallelujah

Shake.

I don't know what time I fell asleep last night but I'll admit it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a while. Turns out having a lot of drama in your life and a lot of stress can add up to a good nights sleep.
I slid out of bed and looked around my room for my wadrobe. I forgot I had moved it due to the new hole in the wall. I opened my wadrobe to find it stocked with suits although, after pulling out one of the drawers, I discovered my normal clothes were still there. There was a note attached to one of the suits.

I want you to wear this today Peter. I think it's time you began to look like us now that you have been on your first hunt. I noticed the hole. We will get it fixed soon. We have a gym on the third floor with a punching bag so please do not continue to break our home.
I am waiting for you in the study. Come see me once you are dressed.
William Beckett.

I narrowed my eyes at the note. I didn't like the suits and now I was having to wear one. Ridiculous. I decided to leave the jacket off and just carry it with me. I look better with just the waistcoat and shirt anyway.
Following my orders I went down to the study to find Brendon in there with Amy sat on his knee. Beckett was deep in conversation with Brendon and it was Amy who realised I had entered. She kept her mouth shut and just narrowed her eyes at me.
I took a seat to the right of them and waited. It wasn't long before Beckett turned to me and smiled.
"Ah Peter. Nice of you to join us." he began.
"It's just Pete Sir. You wanted me?" I said. I was beginning to get tired of having to remind him.
"Yes yes. It has come to my attention that the blood is not satisfying your urges. Brendon mentioned that you have this kind of shake thing that you have been drinking so I believe your body is not used to the blood. Am I correct?" he said cocking his head to the right.
"Yes Sir." I said glancing at Brendon.
"Well then I need you to go back to your house and bring your shake. Anything you need to make it you can go and get. We will have to wean you off of it little by little." he concluded.
I was a little bit shocked and struggled to find words. Looking towards Brendon he smiled and nodded at me. He definitely was my best mate.
"Yes Sir. Thank you Sir." I mumbled.
"Good. Now go get it before the sun comes up. I'm fully aware of your famous past." Beckett waved a hand at me dismissing me from the room.
"Yes Sir." I felt like suck up having to call him that.
"Oh and Peter?" he said stopping me in my tracks.
I turned to him frowning slightly.
"Yes?"
"Wear the jacket when you are out. We have an appearance to keep up."

Once outside I slipped the jacket on and sprinted over to the house. I pulled my key out of my pocket and opened the door. Andy and Joe were in the kitchen and both seemed shocked to see me.
"Hi guys." I said wandering over to the fridge like nothing had changed.
"Err hi?" Joe said more than a little confused.
"I just popped by to get my shake. Beckett believes blood isn't satisfying my needs when really I haven't drunk any." I explained and pulled a bottle out the fridge.
"Oh right. So you can leave?" Andy asked.
"Yeah whenever I want. As long as I have a good enough reason."
I turned and smiled at the two taking a gulp from the bottle. I felt my blood lust dissolve and my control return.
"Where's Patrick? I think I have an idea as how I can escape." I said looking around. There was no sign of him or Emily.
"He took Emily out shopping. She needs some new shoes apparently. Can you wait? He should be back in a couple of hours." Joe said .
"Yeah we can play a bit of guitar hero. We want to know how things are going too!" Andy tried to persuade me.
I sighed wishing I could stay but knowing that was impossible.
"I'm sorry but no. Becketts expecting me back and if I don't return soon he'll come looking."
"Oh thats a shame. Well we could tell Patrick the plan?" Andy said looking at the table.
"Sure. Well I think I can convince him I've found your hideout. I'll tell him that you trust me and have invited me to stay. I'll try and convince him that if he lets me stay with you lot without interfering I can tell him what your plans are." I said leaning on the counter.
I liked being back here. It felt like home. Joe frowned at me and tapped his fingers on the table.
"But what about when he expects information?" he asked clearly suspicious that I had been brain washed or something.
"Then we set him up for an ambush. I tell him you guys are planning a raid somewhere and lead him into a trap. He wont suspect a thing as long as its small and he's not there."
"That could work Joe." Andy said nodding.
"We'd have to be careful though. Make sure we don't make it obvious. Alright we'll talk to Patrick about it. Come back in a couple of days if you can and we'll tell you the plan." Joe finished and nodded.
I smiled and left to gather all my shake and the recipe. As much as I'd love to stay I had to leave. I couldn't risk William finding them and killing them.
After saying goodbye, feeling a little better knowing a plan was in action, I left to go "home". First thoughI needed to pick up some flowers.