Hum Hallelujah

Show Time.

The shop I was going to was good for two reasons. 1) It stayed open late meaning I could get what I wanted without going out in the day. 2) It sold the flowers I loved. Rhododendrons.
By the time I had gotten to the shop I knew I didn’t have long until questions were asked as to where I was. But I still took my time. I wandered into the store and looked at the lad behind the counter. He didn’t even look up. He seemed too engrossed in his comic book. It saddened me.
I spotted the flowers I wanted and picked them up. I do love yellow flowers. Especially these. I love the detail in rhododendrons. There’s such a thing in life as perfection and these had it. I took the flowers to the counter and handed them over. The lad inspected them and looked at me.
“£3.40.” he said in a tone that clearly stated he hated his job.
I passed him the money and smiled.
“Thanks.” I said and he thrust the flowers back to me roughly.
Now I’ll admit this wound me up a little more than it should have but after making sure they were all intact the anger subsided. I turned away from the counter and headed for the door. About 2 meters away my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Beckett’s asking questions. Where are you? Bren.

I knew I had been out too long. If there was a store closer to the Dandies mansion that sold everything I needed and stayed open long enough I would have gone but there wasn’t and I needed the flowers.

I’ll be about 15 minutes. Be back soon. Pete

I went to leave but again my phone buzzed. I did love him but he was a pain sometimes.

It doesn’t take as long as 15 minutes to get back from your place. Where are you?! Bren.

He was a nosey little so-and-so. I’m sure he’s just worried but he doesn’t need to know everything.

I needed to get something. Be back in 15 minutes. Stop being nosey. Tell Beckett I’m on my way. Pete

I put my phone back in my pocket and went outside. I wanted to run. It felt good to run, to pick up speed, burn some energy and stretch my legs.
When I reached the mansion William was leaning against the doorframe. He looked up at me and smirked. It wasn’t friendly.
“I was beginning to think we were going to have to bring dear Emily back.” he said.
“I’m here. I had to go get something. There’s no need to bring her into anything. We’re both grown men Beckett I’m sure we can sort our problems out ourselves.” I said pushing passed him into the house.
He followed me. Clearly this wasn’t over.
“You will talk to me with respect and address me as Sir. You are a Dandie. You will follow my rules.”
I spun around and stormed up to him. I’m quite short so I don’t tower over him but I still got in his face.
“I will talk to you how I want. I will address you how I want. Oh and I may be a Dandie Beckett but I sure as hell am not following any of your rules! You want me here well you can work for it. Now if you don’t mind there’s someone I need to apologise to.”
I snarled and turned away from William. Pushing my way through the suddenly formed crowd I made my way up to Brendon and Amy’s room.
Show time.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you have any questions about the story or whatever don't hesitate to ask. I wont bite. x