Hum Hallelujah

Yellow Flowers.

The door was shut when I got there but I could see light shining underneath so I knocked anyway. Brendon opened the door and narrowed his eyes at me.
"What do you want Pete?" he snapped.
"I want to talk to Amy. Please." I said calmly.
"Why? So you can rip her throat out?"
I understood his anger, I had threatened his girlfriend after all, but I wanted a chance to apologise and to make things right.
"No. So I can apologise. Please, you have my word that I will not harm her. I just want five minutes alone with her."
I saw the moment when he believed me. I saw him sigh and the anger subside from his eyes. This made me happy. He stepped out of the room and to the right so I could get passed.
When I entered the room Amy was lying on the bed with her eyes shut and her arms behing her head. I smiled and shut the door. Padding across the room to the bed I pulled the flowers from behind my back and braced myself to pass her them. She stirred but didn't open her eyes.
"Who was it? Was it Beckett or Pete?"
I didn't answer.
"Pete then. You'd tell me if it was Beckett. What did that jerk want?!" she snapped but again didn't open her eyes.
I grinned to myself and sat on the bed. I wanted to see how long it would be before she realised I wasn't Brendon. I didn't think it'd be too long now.
"You're being awfully quiet tonight. Did he say something to upset you?"
I just stayed quiet. She opened her left eye and glanced at me. The sudden look of horror struck me and I struggled to move out of the way before she swung a fist at me.
"Whoa whoa!! Wait!"
"Where is he?! What have you done to him? Get out you Jerk!" she screamed and followed me across the room.
"He let me in! I wanted to apologise." I started but she swung again.
"Get out! GET OUT!"
"I brought you these!" I said and held the flowers out to her.
The fist that was poised to punch me dropped once she saw the flowers. Her gaze softened and she even smiled a little, losing the offensive stance.
"They're beautiful. What are they?" she said barely above a whisper.
"Rhododendrons. Yellow to be exact. I wanted to apologise for how I acted. I was out of order and-"
She held up her hand and stopped me. I looked at her puzzled as she took the flowers from me. Amy took them over to the window and placed them in the vase there. It was the best place for them. Then she walked back over to me and hugged me. This shocked me slightly.
"Thank you so much. Apology accepted." she said releasing me.
Still a bit shocked by the hug I just rubbed the back of my neck.
"They last long too so you'll be able to admire their beauty for a long time."
I didn't really know what else to talk about. But it seemed to work and she just grinned at me again before plonking back down on the bed.
"So. How's it going with you and Emily?" she asked.
I sighed and sat beside her.
"I have no idea. I can't tell her I love her cause she's with my best friend. So I think I might just have to move on."
"You love her?!" she screeched.
Brendon burst into the room looking angry. We both jumped at the sudden intrusion.
"What's going off! What did he do to you!" he yelled storming up to me.
Amy stood up and grabbed Brendon, stopping him in his tracks. She made him look at her and smiled.
"He did nothing. Just took me by surprise. I'm guessing you already know about the Emily thing?" she said calmly.
"Yes. He told me earlier. I'm sorry I over reacted. I just wanted to make sure you were safe." he said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"S'alright. I expect you to be defensive. Does Beckett need you tonight?" she asked obviously changing the subject.
"No he sent Alex instead. Speaking of Beckett, Pete he wants me to bring you to him. Now if possible."
I sighed and looked at the floor. I really didn't need this. Especially after how I had acted earlier. I'm surprised he didn't kill me there and then. I needed to be more careful.
"Fine. We'll go now. But I really am tired." I tried to make an excuse but he was having non of it.
He led me out the room and down to the study where Beckett was again to be found. He was getting predictable. Brendon didn't stay. I had bearly taken a seat when Brendon shut the door behind him. I couldn't see anything but I knew William was here.
"So tell me Peter. What do you know about three hunters called Patrick Stump, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley." a voice said from the darkness.