Hum Hallelujah

Betrayal of Brothers.

Brendon's POV.
I was splayed out on my bed waiting for Amy to come back from her shopping trip. Yes they may be our "toys" but as long as they come back Beckett lets them go out as they please. I'll admit though he wasn't exactly what I expected. He wasn't the nice person he made out he was and it seemed his group didn't just kill when they needed to. No they killed for fun. But that didn't really bother me. I've always been a killer. Ever since I was little.
My train of thought was interrupted by someone running up the stairs. I knew who it was before he had burst through the doors. It was obvious. He burst through the doors a few seconds later.
"What is it Pete?" I asked not opening my eyes. There was no need.
"I'm leaving!" he gasped for air.
"What?!" I exclaimed and sat up on my bed quickly. This was major news.
"You heard me." he said and sat on the bottom of my bed.
"Does Beckett know?"
"Of course. He was the one who suggested it."
Now this was really interesting. There had to be a reason for Beckett to let Pete go. Suddenly I was filled with dread. Did he find out we were living with the Hunters? No he couldn't. Could he? Either way this didn't settle with me. I'm all for killing the innocent but I wouldn't stand by while he killed Pete.
"Did he say why?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Yep. He told me about the Hunters. Said he thought I'd be able to get them to trust me. Then I could tell him their plans. Then he'd be able to set an ambush up. But want to know our plan?" Pete said.
While he was this excited he reminded me of a little puppy. Leaning toward me, waiting for me to tell him he was a "good boy" or throw him a toy. It made me smile. I remembered how upset he had been when he realised he couldn't be in the band anymore. Music was his life. But then I had showed him just what else he could do as a vampire. Granted he never was probably settled without his bass near him but I liked to think he was happy now. Happier anyway.
"Sure why not." I sighed and laid back again. Amy would be back soon.
"Me and the guys are gonna set an ambush up for him. I'm gonna give him false information. Then he's gonna turn up and we're gonna kill him. Once and for all." he grinned like a stupid boy. Which is exactly what he was.
"You know that's a bad idea right? Once he finds out that it was you, which he will, when you fail to kill him, which you will, you're all going to be killed. And I will probably be killed along with you. So it's not just your lives you're endangering. It's mine too." I pointed out.
I got no reply and opened an eye to look at Pete. I found him stood, staring at me. He looked annoyed but I knew that deep down he knew I was right. I didn't want him dead and if that meant upsetting him to stop him from being killed then thats what I would do.
"Look. I like you Pete, always have, but you're going to be killed and I don't want that to happen." I looked at him but he just glared.
"I knew you've changed but I didn't think you'd turn your back on me like this." he growled.
I'll admit, that hurt. But I wasn't going to let him see that. So I just shut my eyes again and sighed.
"I haven't. I just think it's a bad idea that's all. Do what you want. Just be careful okay?"
"You're not helping?" he said shocked.
"No. Now I suggest you go pack before Beckett changes his mind." I stated blatantly.
"Fine. I hope you can live with yourself." he turned and stormed to the door.
"Oh I'm sure I can." I said and smiled as he shut the door behind him.
He wont be killed. I wont let him get that close. Cause if I did I'd have broken my promise to his Mum. Something I wouldn't do.