Hum Hallelujah

Introducing.

5 minutes later Brendon and myself were climbing into a taxi and heading to Chicago. We already had a place near the guys in case we needed it but the chances of Patrick letting us stay there are pretty slim. He believes that since we both sleep at the same time there is more of a chance that we could go unprotected and get killed easier.
The ride was awkward. I didn't want Brendon to come for a reason. Sure the guys knew he didn't follow the same rules as to killing as me but they don't know how he plays with his prey. I didn't want them to know what an animal he is. If they thought he was a threat there was a high chance that they would kill him.
I kept my headphones in listening to our music and singling out the different instruments, enjoying our creative differences. I missed this. Completely and utterly. But I couldn't go back, couldn't return, without the press noticing my lack of aging.
Someone tapped me on the shoulder.
"Were almost there. Send Patrick a text." Brendon said, not shifting his eyes from the window.
I grunted and pulled my phone out. Typing a quick We're about 10 mins away from your place I took my headphones out and began to get the money out of my wallet. Obviously, being a vampire, I could influence the driver into letting me not pay but that would cause hassel for us both if his boss found out.
When we pulled up a pang of homesickness and anxiety washed over me. I hadn't been here for ages and now that I was I was more than a little nervous. Stupid things came racing into my head. Things like: what if they don't like me anymore? What if they see Brendon and assume I've turned the same as him? What if I'm the reason they're being attacked? It was stupid yes but I guess necessary.
Brendon got out first while I paid the taxi driver, tipping him £10 for not asking any questions or making conversation. Especially since it was now 12:30 at night and people were usually asleep by now. By the time I had gotten out Brendon had all the bags and was heading toward the door. I had to run to catch up with him but it was too late, he had knocked.
Joe answered the door looking the same as usual and unharmed, thankfully. He smiled at me and was about to say something when he saw Brendon. That was when his smile quickly faded and he called for Patrick. Patrick came jogging down the stairs, saw Brendon and pulled me inside, locking Brendon out.
"What is he doing here?" he hissed at me.
"Pat, don't worry, he knows about us, all of us. Heck he's a vampire himself." I tried to reassure them but by the looks on their faces they were having non of it.
"I can tell he's a vamp but why is he here with you?"
I swallowed heavily. "I didn't really have a choice. He wouldn't let me go without him. It's not all too bad. At least now we have another vampire on our side."
Neither of them seemed happy about our predicament but they knew they had no choice. Joe re-opened the door to let him in. Except he wasn't there. And neither were his bags.
I frowned and pulled out my phone to ring him. It started ringing and it surprised me that I could hear it coming from the front room. That familiar song which I instantly recognised as "I write sins not tragedies" from Panic at the Disco's first album.
I followed the sound only to find him sprawled out in my favourite armchair flicking through the channels. Patrick and Joe gasped. Brendon looked up and smiled.
"Well since you guys weren't going to let me in I thought I'd do it myself." he grinned at his own skill and turned back to the TV.
"Brendon, meet Patrick and Joe, two of the band. Guys, meet Brendon. He's the vampire that changed me." I said nervously.