Hum Hallelujah

Undiscovered Usefulness.

When I awoke Brendon was already up and was pacing my room. It was 10:30 pm and I could hear the guys moving downstairs. If I was going to be a Hunter again I needed to start getting used to getting up early again. Most of the action took place during the night (what with them being vampires and all) so we slept during the day. Anything we needed we ordered offline.
Well that was a slight lie. Being a vampire doesn't mean you cant go out in the day but we avoid it because people start to notice the lack of ageing and, of course, who we are which creates a problem. One we like to avoid. Also killing is easier at night. Less people there to witness it.
I looked at Brendon, shook my head and leaned back on my bed with my arms behind my head.
"Somebodies fidgety this morning." I remarked, shutting my eyes.
"That's because I'm living in a house with three humans I want to bleed dry." he stated not stopping his pacing.
"Third drawer down in the fridge on the left." I instructed.
Brendon followed my instructions and discovered another bottle of cold blood. He looked at me clearly puzzled.
"Why do you have blood in your fridge?" he asked unscrewing the lid and taking a sip.
"For emergencies. Like if I run out of my shake and I'm desperate."
"Oh. Well that explains that then. Looks like you are useful afterall." he said with a smirk while finishing off the bottle.
"Oh what's that? Do you not want anymore? Okay then as long as you're sure." I replied winking.
"I'm sure I could find some more in this house. Maybe some warm stuff." he chuckled.
I laughed too and for a moment it was like we were back home with nothing to worry about. But that facade quickly disappeared when I heard more shuffling downstairs. Since I had slept in my jeans last night I had to do was grab a shirt and go. Can't go topless all the time.
I sighed and stood up.
"I guess we should go down and find out what all the hassels about then."
Brendon nodded in agreement.
"After you Petey."