Coffee Prince

Chapter 1

What would you do if your best friend screwed your girlfriend? That is a question Frankhardly never asks himself. Knowing his girlfriend loves him and his best friend cares about him, why would they do that?

Frank and Jamia have been together since their high school days, starting off during their camping trip for a biology class. Frank’s best friend Gerard hooked them up by skipping the trip.

~Flashback~

“Gee! Please, please, please go!”

“No Frank. I hate biology and I hate camping so I’m not going.”

“Please Gerard! She’s going to be there! I’m gonna get all nervous and scared around her!”

“Frankie. You have no reason to be scared or nervous. She’s a nice person. She can’t reject you, both because her family works for my family and you’re my best friend. So if she does, let’s just say she won’t be that popular.”

Gerard looks away evilly, daydreaming how Jamia would be without the money but Frank, shocked at Gerard, hit his arm.

“Gerard! No blackmailing! God!”

“Just kidding Frank! Just relax. She’s nice.”

Frank opened his mouth to say something but Gerard suddenly waved to someone behind Frank.

“Hey Jamia!”

“Hey Gerard. Hi Frank.”

“H-hi…”

“Hey Jammie, Frank doesn’t have anyone to be with for camp since I can’t go. Can you uhm…you know…stay with him a bit?”

“Oh. Sure Gerard but how about Mikey?”

“He’s with the jocks for the trip.”

“Oh…okay…well gotta go Gerard. Frank?”

“Bye Frank. Bye Jam. And thanks.”

In the bus, Frank got stuck sitting with the rest of the girls considering he was with Jamia. He just sat there listening to Anthrax when Jamia poked him.

“So Frank…uhm…what are you listening to?”

“Anthrax”

“Really? I love them!”

“R-really?”

“Yeah! I love a ton of bands. Gerard made me listen to them during a fancy dinner for the company and you could say I got hooked.”

“Cool! Gerard did the same but during a really lame kid’s party instead.”

Frank handed her his other earphone and they listened to anti-social together. When the song ended, Jamia gave the earphone back and asked Frank.

“So I guess you’re listening to that song because you feel out of place like now since you’re with me right?”

“Uhm…to be honest, yeah. I’m so used to things being just Gerard and me but now he’s not here.”

“Oh, I totally understand Frank. Just so you know, I would’ve stayed with you in this trip even if Gerard didn’t tell me.”

She took Frank’s hand and squeezed it lightly before taking out a camera from her bag.

“Let’s make Gerard wish he went along.”

CLICK.
~END OF FLASHBACK~


When they came back from the trip, they were officially a couple and Gerard ended up paying for the whole class to repeat the trip because he wanted to come along.

Time flies by so fast when you’re having fun. And fun is what the Way brothers bring with them all the time but every fun memory always has a downside. During their junior prom, Mikey’s date dumped him because he had to get glasses but then Jamia comes in to save the day.

~FLASHBACK~
“I really liked her Gerard!”

“Mikes, she was using you. I know it hurts and all but you have to get over it soon.”

“The guys won’t help me and I can’t find a date for prom! I can’t get over that quite easily as you Gerard!”

“Mikey, don’t even go there. Don’t you dare say it.”

“Say what Gerard? That you’ve never had a date? You won’t bring anyone to prom Gerard and your friends accept that but my friends don’t. They want all the hot girls and they get all the hot girls. How about you Gerard?”

“Mikey! Shut up! You can’t say those things about your brother! He looks out for you and those jocks are just using your money!”

“”Frank, its okay. Stay out of this. He’s just in denial right now. Go get ready for Jamia. She’ll be waiting for you downstairs in five minutes.”

The two guys leave Mikey there to do whatever in his room and close the door behind them. Mikey just stands there in his all-white suit thinking back on what his brother said. There was a knock on his door and when he opened it, Gerard walked in and hugged Mikey.

“Mikers, sorry if what I said hurt you.”

“Gee, it’s okay. I should be saying sorry to you. I should’ve just kept my mouth shut.”

“To bottle in all your hurt and end up cutting yourself? I’m not going to let that happen Mikey.”

Mikey pushed Gerard back, his eyes wide with shock. How could’ve he known? Nobody knew about his problem and now Gerard talks about it like he always knew about it.

“H-how d-did you kn-now?

Gerard just turned around and started walking away but before he closed the door, he answered.

“You used to be left handed but during our first year in high school, you became right-handed. It was the time when you started going out with the jocks. They pick on you and they backstab you. I never told anyone because even though you were faking it, you were happy. I will never let them hurt you again. I promise so clean yourself up because I got you a surprise downstairs for being a jerk and finally realizing it.”

Gerard glanced at Mikey with a cheesy smile before going back out.

It turns out, Gerard called Jamia to bring a friend for Mikey as his gift.

“Mikey, this is Alicia Simmons. Alicia, this is Michael Way.”

“Hi, Mike…”

“Just call me Mikey. No one calls me Michael except my mom.”

“And me! I call you Michael right Michael?”

“Gerard, shut up.”


As all Gerard’s hook ups always turn out, Mikey and Alicia clicked and soon became a couple.

But going back to the present, Mr. Way got a stroke, paralyzing his entire right side. The entire Way family had to move out of New Jersey into Florida to get better treatment for Mr. Way. Despite the efforts of Mikey and Gerard, they had no choice but to leave Frank, Jamia and Alicia behind.

After weeks of continuous begging and rebellion, the Way brothers finally were told to go back to Jersey, leaving Gerard in charge of the company. With one condition.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please?