Coffee Prince

chapter 4

~Mikey's POV~

Gerard slammed the door and stormed past me.

Gerard is gay?!

I looked at the hallway that he passed and noticed he stopped by the door of his room in deep thought. I ran after him as he stood there. Waiting. Just waiting for something to happen that he didn't hear me coming closer.

"Gee!"

He didn't look at me when I called but dropped his head and dragged himself away. I caught up and held him by the shoulders, trying to have him look at me.

"Gee. Look at me, please...talk to me. You don't...didn't have to keep it all in there. Just talk to me. I'll understand."

Then I noticed the tears running down his face. He started sobbing and shaking so I held him close.

"I'm so sorry Mikey....I didn't tell you...but I...I was so scared...scared that you would hate me...scared that everyone would hate me...that he would hate me...I just wanted him to be happy...I gave him everything he wanted...just so he would smile...laugh...but...but I got jealous...I gave him someone else...it hurts a lot Mikey..."

"Gee, it's okay...just...sshh...I wouldn't hate you...never...if you gave him everything, then he should understand...he should at least be grateful that you put him first..."

~Frank's POV~

Mikey dragged us to Gerard's room while he tried to sort things out with his mom and brother. The girls and I were left there in an awkward silence while we tried to hear what was going on.

A short while later, a door slammed. Footsteps were coming closer but it stopped right in front of the door. A shadow was cast at the space between the door and the floor.

"Gee!" came Mikey's voice.

Alicia, Jamia and I exchanged looks and we stood next to the door, listening intently to their conversation.

"Gee. Look at me, please...talk to me. You don't...didn't have to keep it all in there. Just talk to me. I'll understand."

A silence, and then sobbing.

"I'm so sorry Mikey....I didn't tell you...but I...I was so scared...scared that you would hate me...scared that everyone would hate me...that he would hate me...I just wanted him to be happy...I gave him everything he wanted...just so he would smile...laugh...but...but I got jealous...I gave him someone else...it hurts a lot Mikey..."

Suddenly, Jamia backed away from the door, tears welling up in her eyes.

"No, no, no, no, no......" she murmured.

Alicia walked towards her and sat her down on Gerard's bed while I opened the door a crack.

"Gee, it's okay...just...sshh...I wouldn't hate you...never...if you gave him everything, then he should understand...he should at least be grateful that you put him first..."

Then Gerard's eyes darted towards his open bedroom door. Towards me. Then Mikey looked at me, giving Gerard the chance to run away without his brother running after him.