A Night To Remember

...

As I walked in to the bathroom all I could think about was Mike. Why was he in my head and why was he following me. Did he really mean what he said? Did he really miss me. I must admit we did have some good times, that is before the hitting and abuse began. I have to keep reminding myself that Mike isn't the same guy that he was before. As much as I want to believe that, maybe just maybe he's changed, I have to face the harsh reality that he hasn't. Plus I have a great thing with Gerard, he's wonderful and his kisses are like poison, poison that my body keeps asking for. My thought's are broken by a gentle knock on the door followed by Gerard's voice "Maria...you alright in there?"

"Yeah I'm fine." "Okay well take your time."

I glance at my self in the mirror after I change in to a pair of black shorts, which I quickly regret. Along the side of my left thigh I can see a bruise forming. On my wrists I have a few small bruises from Mikes hands holding me down. I turn to look in my gym bag luckily I brought a pair of black skinnies and long sleeve black shirt. I quickly change in to the black skinnies and change in to my black long sleeve. I looked at my reflection and, damn I look like hell. I pulled out my make-up bag and begin to put on my eye liner. Now I'm beginning to look like myself. I pass the brush through my hair and pin it down with my black and white striped skull bow. One last glance in the mirror and I'm out of the bathroom.

"There you are. Everything okay?"

"Yeah thanks. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. Aren't you going to be hot in that?"

"Umm well i kinda have no choice..."

"why?"

"I have a bruise on my thigh and a few on my arms and wrist"

"What? Oh my god let me see!"

As I began to pull my sleeve up to reveal the bruises, I begin to feel ashamed and embarrassed. Damn, why do I have to bruise so easily? Gerard looks at me and takes my hand in his. He begins to examine the small finger marks I have on my wrist. I can see it in his face, anger raising from deep within but, suddenly his eyes are filled with pain and sadness. He pulled me in closer to him and hugs me. He begins to whisper in my ear.

"I'm never going to let anything like this happen to you again. I promise."

I can't seem to bring my mouth so muster up any words, I just stay in he's arms silent. Afraid that he might think that I don't appreciate the thought I just nod in his chest. What's wrong with me? Wait no, what's wrong with him? Does he really care for me that much... after knowing eachother for such a short amount of time? How is that possible? Wait or maybe it is me....I don't know anything other than Mike. He was my first love and my only serious boyfriend. I feel so lost. I'm driving my self insane.

"You alright there sugar?"

"Yeah sorry, just my mind seems to be on overdrive." I responded with a giggle to reassure him that I'm fine. Once again he flashes me that great smile. He's eyes are back to being sweet and hazel. I simply smile back.

"Gerard we should get going, the guys are waiting for us remember?"

"Yeah. Okay let's head out."

I can't believe all of this has happened to me in just a few days. This is one of the best things that has happened to me. As we are walking down the hall towards the elevator Gerard takes my hand in his. All I can seem to do is smile. I haven't smiled this much in so long. Gerard flashes me a reassuring look and a smile followed by a wink. We step in to the elevator and it's empty. He pulls me in to a hug. All I can seem to think about is his wonderful eyes.

"So were all alone."

With a smirk on my face I reply "Yes we are. So tell me, Mr.Way what's on your mind?"

"Right now, this." He caressed my face with his hand and kissed me. The kiss begins to get more heated with every passing second. My heart is beating faster and I can feel his beating against my chest. We are no longer just kissing the kiss has turned in to some thing more than just a common make out session. As we pull away from eachother, an elderly couple walks in to the elevator with a glare on their faces.

I begin to feel my cheeks turn deep pink . I turn to face Gerard and he just smiles at me. He's face turning deep pink as well. Finally we get to our floor and walk out of the elevator. We head towards the lobby to be greeted by smiles from the rest of the band members.

"Wow you two look like if you got caught in the act" Mikey states.

My eyes turned wide and my cheeks began to burn once more as they turned crimson. I tried to hide my face from everyone but failed miserably.

"Shut up Mikey"Gerard tells his brother

"Well good morning to you too, big brother."

"You guys remember Maria right?"Gerard asks ignoring his brother. A chorus of yeahs cames from the group.

"Hi" I wave slightly to them

"So where do you guys want to go eat breakfast at?"Bob asks.

As they were deciding and discussing as to were to go I began to look around. All I could see was the staff members from the hotel. How weird, where is everyone at?

"Earth to Maria!" I turned to face the guys and just smiled as I realized that Frank was speaking to me.

"Yeah?"

"You okay with eating at Ihop?"Ray questions.

"Umm, yeah sure that's fine."

"Ok then it's settled. Ihop it is!"