Status: Finished. Tell me what you think?

Swim Team.

The Invitation

Somehow, the couch had wrangled two other boys onto the swim team, so it could actually be called a team. They definitely were not happy about it though and they let it be known. The only positive thing was they were worse than Danny, so he was starting to look better; especially because he didn’t whine the way they did.

Still, it came as a shock when he was invited to a party by Chris, the boy who had defended him the first day.

“Really?” Danny asked, scrunching his nose in confusion as he dried himself off with a towel.

“Yeah, definitely,” Chris responded, nodding his head. He smiled at Danny hopefully.

Still, Danny felt like something was up. “Why?” he asked, a tad defensive. He had been tricked into going to a “party” before; where it turned out he was the entertainment.

Chris just shrugged one shoulder, ducking his head a little. “I dunno, thought it would be fun. Listen, you don’t have to come if you don’t want to. Like, I was just wondering, ya know?”

A little embarrassed now and looking into Chris’ sincere green eyes, he decided to trust. However, if this was another fucking trick, he wasn’t just gonna sit there and take it like he had before. “Where did you say it was again?” he asked, feeling shy.

“365 Elgin street. It’s a duplex, so the party is around the back. You gonna come?” Chris asked, looking like an eager little puppy.

Shrugging and a small smile twisting his lips, he said, “Sure. I don’t have any plans that night, so...”

“Sweet! So, I’ll see you there,” Chris said, grinning broadly. Danny returned his smile with a shyer one and waved as the taller boy walked away. Then, feeling happy someone seemed so excited to have him come to a party, he quickly dressed and practically ran home. He was definitely gonna mention this on his blog.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is very short, but there wasn't a lot going on in this chapter.