Wanting

My Shakespear

“Please wake up.” Inhale “Please.” Exhale. “Please kid.” Inhale “Come on.” Exhale

The voice begged me, but I couldn’t. I wanted to get up, and hold on the only being that cared. That caring voice was my energy, but not enough to get my up. I felt my angel leaving; my angel gave up on me. No, no. Please don’t go. Not when I need you so badly. Not now. I only had a taste; all I want is to see the face. The only face that is concerned.

“Hess…” That is all I managed. I could feel the body stay and sit. The warmth laid on my right. My angel touched my arm, traced my elbow, and went up my neck, circling my left eye. I was probably hurt. Maybe his touch could heal. I knew my angel was male just from his hands.

I turned, and my cheek landed on his knee. I expected him to thrust me off and walk away, not looking twice. But that is not what just happened. He chuckled and it seemed as if he was getting up to leave. No. Inhale Inhale Inhale Inhale. He chuckled again. He shifted into a more comfortable position and placed my head back in his lap. Exhale. I wanted to see.

My eyes slowly began to open. He was not glowing except from the light of the street lamp. His skin was pale but darker than mine. His eyes pierced my flesh; they were nearly black with a tint of red. I wanted to touch them, but I couldn’t bear to hurt my angel.

“Oh my god,” he breathed.

I started at him as he looked relieved. Relieved? Why didn’t he leave now? Everyone else wouldn’t even bother to check on me.

“You have a name?”

“Y-ye…”

He smiled and asked, “Mind telling me what it is?”

“Oh U-um…” I blushed. Why did my angel have to be too perfect for me? I wanted to keep him forever. I would lock him away for only myself. Maybe I would be selfish for once and steal this god from the heavens.

“M-my n-name is L-lucy.”

“Lucy. Really?”

I shakily nodded my head. “We-ell, th-that is m-my ni-nick-name. My n-name is r-really Lucifer.”

Oh no. He now knows me as the devil. My angel cannot be with the devil. He will leave. He will just walk away. What he said took me by surprise.

“I like it. My name is William.”

“William,” I whispered to myself. William Shakespeare. I let it linger in the atmosphere. It brought something to mind. I did not expect to say it out loud.

“‘Now let me say “Good night,” and so say you;

If you will say so, you shall have a kiss.’

‘Good night,’ quoth she, and, ere he says ‘Adieu,’

The honey fee of parting tender’d is:

Her arms do lend his neck a sweet embrace;

Incorporate then they seem; face grows to face.

Till, breathless, he disjoin’d, and backward, and backward drew

The heavenly moisture, that sweet coral mouth,

Whose precious taste her thirsty lip well knew,

Whereon they surfeit, yet complain on drouth:

He with her plenty press’d, she faint with dearth

Their lips together glued, fall to the earth.”

The she would be me in this case. Or at least I wish.

My angel just started at me, and that is when I realized what I have just done. I wanted him to kill me then. That way I can die by the hands of a god. This way I will know it is righteous and deserving. This death wish was not granted as well. I wonder if it will ever be.