Are You a Lover or a Fighter?

Forgive and Forget.

Twelve days had passed since that night and Libby and I were feeling quite at home with the guys. Mikey’s girlfriend Alicia, is actually a sweetheart and forgave us almost instantly for the drunken kiss. We’d had a rather long talk when I met her at the New Jersey show four nights after the kiss and by the end of the night her, Libby and I had went out for pizza without the guys. Now we talked whenever she called Mikey’s phone. Last night Mikey was a bit thrown off when she called his phone and asked to talk to me first… It was pretty amusing.

In the back room of the bus there were seven beds: six bunks, a top and bottom on the two side walls and the back wall; a cot in the middle of the floor.

I slept on the top bunk on the back wall with Mikey sleeping on the bunk below me. I had to fight Frank for that bed, because of course he had wanted it. I told him he wasn’t man enough to be on top and I thought he was going to explode, he turned so red! Gerard gave him a speech about Libby and I being the guests. It was pretty amusing, seeing Gerard get all patriarchal..

Frankie now slept on the top bunk (driver’s side) with Gerard on the bottom bunk. Ray had the remaining top with Bob on the bunk below him. Libby slept center.

Mikey had made me a poster that I hung on the wall next to my bed that said ‘I heard Celeste’ with a picture of a duck to represent Roy, his stuffed ducky (and my teddy bear Ralph’s partner in crime). Libby made me one that said ‘I heart Celeste (more than Mikey)!’. I had cut out the letter’s M-I-K-E-Y from magazines and taped it to his wall and had also made him a sign saying ‘Mikey is my homeboy! ♥”

I was close to almost all of them, Mikey still being my ‘bestest friend’ and Frankie and I still didn’t get along…

Libby and Gerard were and official (and sickening) couple now, which was still the only thing Frankie and I agreed on.

It was 5pm and Libby and I were alone in the bunkroom getting ready for the Boston Ma. show.

“What should I wear tonight?” I asked Libby as I rummaged through the drawer I kept my clothes in below Mikey’s bed and next to his drawer of stuff.

“Wear a skirt with your crew shirt… Wait no! Your crew tank-top…”

“You’re wearing the tank, which means if I wear a skirt… We’ll be pretty much wearing the same outfit…” I pointed out. “Ooo,” I said finding a pair of long and baggy black shorts, “got it!”

“Oh yeah,” she said sarcastically, “that’s so hot… Lets just hope Alex has the day off…”

I rolled my eyes. Alex was a roadie Libby wanted to hook me up with… Well… This week atleast…

I walked into the bathroom to change. I dressed in the shorts and tank-top with black tights and red fishnets throwing a pair of chucks on.

I lined my eyes in Gerard’s red eyeliner and rolled on a few layers of black mascara, leaving my now fire-engine-red and black hair down. Mikey had dyed my hair last week and I had put a washable streak of green in his. We were the Christmas duo that day…

“That actually doesn’t look that bad…” Libby noted tossing me my stage pass. I pulled it around my neck and we headed off the bus.

My camera was in my hand and we both had our phones in our pockets. Libby had what looked like a toolbox full of makeup.

“Another day, another dollar,” Libby sighed happily as we entered the Worcester DCU center.
“We don’t get paid,” I noted with a smirk.

“True… But they take us shopping…”

I laughed and nodded, “Its like you dad times four…”

“Times five?”

“Frank’s too short to count,” I muttered.

“Celeste!” she laughed. “He’s not that bad.. Stop being so mean.”

“Yes mother.”