50 Tips for Writing.

27. Don't threaten your readers

Don't threaten your readers with things like,' I won't update if I don't get this # of picks/rates/messages' it tends to piss them off and the LAST thing you want is readers getting prissy with you. Ask NICELY if they can message you after reading. Getting messages from your readers is one of the most motivational things ever, it peps your ego a bit and assures you that someone IS reading your story. Selfishness won't get you anywhere, write because you WANT to, because you LIKE to, forget the elite lists, if a story is good, it WILL be seen and your voice will be heard but if you're too preoccupied thinking of things like,' OMG I'm going to do this and this and ask for a MILLION banners when I make it on blah list,' forget it, you're going down the wrong = track here. Yes, I know how annoying it is when it seems like no one in the world knows your stories exist, believe it or not, I was an invisible little ant once, too. So I know what it's like to feel like you're a failure and get upset no one reads your story. You have to be patient. You have to be willingly to keep going and not give up even if you feel like quitting because it feels like no one is bothering to read your stuff. Always remember that what goes around comes around so be very nice to your readers because without them, you're royally screwed.