Status: Complete

You and I Might Just Be The Best Thing.

1/1

We finally got home from touring last night. Normally coming home to an empty apartment was nothing I would complain about but this time, this time it just didn’t feel right. As soon as I had stepped through the door I felt like something was missing. He was missing. He wasn’t supposed to be home until tomorrow, but I still felt like that was an eternity. Last time I saw him was a few months ago. And I missed him. I’m usually not the type to get attached to other than my friends. Signe , crap I forgot to tell her where I was. I took out my phone from my pocket and looked at the screen. No missed calls . That was weird; Signe was the kind of girl who would call you multiple times if she couldn’t find you. I looked up from the screen and out towards the ocean. The sea was slowly soaking my sneakers and it was starting to get a bit cold considering we were in L.A. My phone beeped, signaling that I had a new message. I didn’t feel like taking my phone out of my pocket once again so I ignored it. After a few minutes it began beeping again and I kept ignoring it. One more time and a I let out a groan.
“For Christ sake, leave me alone.” I mumbled, taking my phone out. Lets play a game, love Said the first text from a number I didn’t recognize. The second text read ‘ If you follow these few steps, a surprise might lay ahead ’. I stood up from the sand and looked around. A third text came in.
Your first gig. ’ my first gig, what did they mean by my fir- Oh! I ran up towards the street and turned left, running towards the small bar where we first played our show.
When I finally got there, I entered the small venue and the owner of the bar walked up to me.
“Sarah?” She asked, her voice soft. I nodded at her and she gave me a smile.
“This is for you” She handed me an envelope and I opened it.
Remember you and Signe met up when you arrived to America; the airport? Go to that place. There will be some people there, waiting for you. – S.S. Who the fuck is S.S?
I ran back to my apartment, which were only a few minutes away from the venue. I grabbed my car and started driving towards the airport. I arrived and few minutes later and parked my car. As I walked through the doors I looked after a familiar face and sure enough I spotted a head looking at me. I walked towards the small girl.
“Hey” Signe said hugging me. “Listen, you’re supposed to catch a plane in 30 minutes, here is your ticket” She said, giving me the ticket. I opened my mouth to ask about where I was going but she cut me off.
“Wales, now listen, I’ve already turned your tour bag in so you’ll have clothes. You have to leave now or you’ll miss your flight.” She hugged me and I thanked her.

I boarded the flight and 8 hours later I was standing in some airport in Cardiff. I got my bag and left the airport. Outside was a man standing with a sign saying ‘Sarah ->’. I looked towards where that arrow was pointing and saw Matthew from Sean’s band. Wait, weren’t they supposed to be in London right now? He waved me over and I walked towards him.
“Hey girl!” He said hugging me.
“Hey! Do you know what is going on here?” I asked him, looking around. He nodded in response.
“But I’m not allowed to say anything though. Put this blind fold on and follow me” He said, taking a cloth from his pocket. Matthew helped me put it on and afterwards I was completely blind. I heard him take my bag and a few seconds later I felt him take my hand.
He helped me into a car, which I obviously could smell was his. Matthew just had a certain smell.
After what seemed like 30 minutes the car came to a stop and Matthew helped me out.
“Stay here, you can remove the blind fold when you hear the car leave, okay?” He ordered, guiding me. I felt like I was walking on grass. I heard the car leave and I took of the blind fold. I gasped at the sight that met my eyes. There were candles all over the place.
“Do you like it?” A voice came from behind me. I turned around and saw Sean. I smiled at him and nodded.
“I love it. Did you do all of this? The venue, the airport and the rest?” I asked him and he nodded, stepping closer to me. He pulled me closer, his arms around my waist.
“So I have two birthday gifts for you” He whispered while looking me in my eyes. I nodded, signaling for him to go on.
“And the first one is a song.” He said and let go of me. I saw him take out he guitar case from behind a tree. He stood a few feet from me and began to sing Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold.
The song brought tears to my eyes. After he finished he stood up and put the guitar away. He once again walked close to me and got down on one knee.
“Sarah, since the first day I saw you I knew I had to make you mine. Sarah we’ve been through so much shit and you’ve put up with my constant touring I don’t think I can thank you enough for that. I love you so much and will never stop. So therefore Sarah Beck, will you do me the honor of marrying me?”
My hand flew to my mouth and I tried to stop the tears. I looked into his eyes, checking if he was serious.
“You sure? I mean, we’ve only been together for a year” I whispered, tears rolling down my cheeks.
“Babe, I love you and will always do. I never said anything about getting married right away. I’ll wait years for you.” He said, dead serious.
“Okay, you fool. Of course I’ll marry you.” I said, kissing him on the lips.
“I love you Sarah”
“And I love you Sean”
And suddenly, I felt like I would belong anywhere in the world, as long he was with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Happy birthday Sarah! This is my gift for you. This is what I was talking about. I can’t stand all these rainbows and puppies. You’re one of my best friends and I love you so much! You’re my fellow Trencher,Avenger and hustler! I’ll always be there for you!