Status: Active

Second Heartbeat

When They Get Back, It Won't Be The Same

Six months later

“MATTHEW CHARLES SANDERS AND HALEY MARIA SANDERS GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!”

I jumped out of bed, pulled on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt before darting out of my door, acknowledging Matt doing the same thing and darting down the stairs together.

When we got to the kitchen we found Amy and Johnny laughing their asses off.

“Where are Mom and Dad?” I asked.
“They’re not home until next weekend but they told me to do this to you on Monday morning, they promised that it would be hilarious and… it was!”
“Ugh. Amy, that was NOT funny and Johnny? You want to survive the day?”

He immediately shut up and ran behind my sister.

“Not gonna help you out there Johnny boy, when Haley says she gonna beat you up… she gonna beat you up.”

Amy just smiled and then walked into the kitchen to get herself some breakfast.

Thanks to it being only seven in the frickin’ am I had the time to go upstairs, take a shower, do my hair and get dressed into proper clothes.

I stuck on my bright red shorts, black tank top, red and black fingerless gloves and a pair of black Vans.

“Ready.” I called out as I came downstairs.
“Hurry up, hurry up, I wanna see my girlfriend.”

I rushed down the last three steps towards the sound of Brian’s voice.

“Hey babe.”
“Hey.”

I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. It would’ve gone further but I was yanked away from Brian quickly and saw a clearly pissed off Matt rolling his eyes at us.

“NOT in the kitchen please.”
“Chill man, your sister and I haven’t done the horizontal tango yet.”

I laughed as Matt pinched the bridge of his nose and mumbled profanities under his breath to stop himself from attacking Brian.

“I don’t want those pictures in my head Gates.”
“Whatever bro, let’s get to school before you and Haley get marked as absent again.”

I smiled and ruffled my sister’s hair as we all walked out of the door. We went in two separate cars, one driven by Matt and one driven by Zacky, and somehow we managed to get there on time.

Morning lessons went by quickly and soon, though not soon enough, Brian and I were making our way out of Spanish and into the canteen.

As we were walking, girls stared at him with lust in their eyes and then glared at intertwined hands. He wasn’t exactly being discreet about checking out their asses and boobs either, his own eyes darkening with lust at every pair of tits over a C.

“Eyes on the lady on your arm Brian.”

He wasn’t listening.

“BRIAN!”

He almost jumped out of his skin and a few people nearby turned to glare at me.

“What?”
“Quit staring at every girls tits.”
“Sorry, can’t help it.”
“Sure you can’t.”
“Maybe if I didn’t have blue balls.”

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him.

“What?”

When I didn’t answer he just rolled his eyes and started to drag me towards the table again.

“Sorry but it’s true.”
“Thanks a lot douchebag.”
“Not my fault you’re so fucking frigid!”

As he sat down I just stared at him in shock. How could he?

Instead of sitting next to him this time I went and sat next to Zacky and Johnny.

“Haley, I’m sorry but would you please come sit over here with me?”

I shook my head and looked at the suddenly very interesting table.

I heard him sigh and then stand up. For a second I thought that he was leaving but then I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist and he sat down, pulling me onto his lap.

“Brian, that wasn’t nice now go away.”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Cause I know that you don’t REALLY want me to go.”

Dammit, he’d caught me. You know, over the past six months I’d really started to fall for Brian hard. Okay, he had his flaws like the looking at other girls all the time and his cockiness but if you knew him, you’d realize that, that part of Brian is hardly ever present.

I’m pretty sure that nearly everyone tried to get my attention that lunchtime but I was lost in my own little world. Actually I was trying to make a decision… Did I trust Brian enough yet to give in to him? It wasn’t until the end of lunch that I reached a final decision and I planned on acting on it VERY soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: Wish I Was Your Lover - Enrique Iglesias (Ashley is comandeering the stereo right now)

Haley, Shadgates xoxo