Sequel: His Only Love

I Love the Way You Lie

Three Years i Was a Fool

***
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
***

It’s been about three years since I last spoke to Zuko. It was on principal, he broke my wrist and did even care about the pain I was in. all he cared about was trying to get me in trouble and that hurt more than my wrist.

I don’t know why I thought for even a moment that he might actually care about me, maybe even love me like I did him. yes I was in love with Zuko. I realized it all those years ago when he broke my wrist and still I wouldn’t let him get in trouble for it. I knew then and still refused to talk to him. instead I would throw nasty glares at him when I saw him in the halls of the palace. as far as he knew I hated him and I had planed to keep it that way.

But this was different. Everything had changed. The Fire Lord announced my marriage to be tomorrow and now as I looked at him from the garden I was deeply regretful. I could have had three more years with him. three years, that seems like a life time now.

I sighed looking at the light blue water lily in my hand before letting the smallest about of white fire encase it.

The ash blew away in the wind.