Sequel: His Only Love

I Love the Way You Lie

Dont Turn Your Back on Me!

***
Now I know we said things, did things
That we didn't mean
And we fall back
Into the same patterns, same routine
***

I had been captured.

Well not captured really, I’d gone willingly.

Why you ask?

Well Azuela killed Aang. There was nothing left for me to do. I pledged to protect the Avatar and now that, that was over there was nothing else to do. So I allowed Zuko to take me and bind me. I did not fight or bend, I did nothing but allow myself to be put on a ship and brought before the Fire Lord.

“Princess Arianna” he hisses at me. “it’s been a while”

“not long enough” I smiled and the flames around his thrown grew slightly.

“my daughter tells me that you have turned traitor” he said. “that you openly fought with the Avatar.”

“I fight for peace” I shrugged.

“you fight your own people?” he demanded.

“you are not my people” I spat. “you are only my nightmare” he slapped me across the face, hard enough to draw blood. A choking sound caught my attention as I cradled my cheek, blood streaming threw my fingers. Zuko was staring at me with wide eyes from the door way to his fathers Throne room.

“Prince Zuko” Ozi said standing up strait. “you should not be here”

“I know” Zuko said, his eyes never leaving mine. “I wanted to speak to Ari”

“you can not” his father said simply, “she is a traitor and as such is sentenced to burn before the people tomorrow at noon”

“oh” Zuko said, his gold eyes leaving mine finally. “I see, goodbye father”

“goodbye price Zuko”

“I hope you get what you want Zuko!” I shouted after him and he froze. “I hope your happy with your life as a murderer!” Ozi slapped me again as the doors closed.