Sequel: His Only Love

I Love the Way You Lie

And My Fear Always Stood in Our Way

***
I love the way you lie
***

Arianna died that day.

Zuko became the new Fire Lord and was a good ruler over the people. but he himself was broken. He had withdrawn from the world.

It was only once he lost her that he realized how much he loved that mysterious girl from his childhood. But she was gone forever and he would carry that guilt and grief with him forever.

Zuko grew old and never loved another. He never married or had children. His heart to heavy with sorrow to love anymore.

“Sir” said one of his servants as she walked in with a man behind her. “this young man wishes to speak with you”

“who are you?” Zuko asked

“my name is David” he said. “my mother was a great woman sir and she died a few weeks ago. She’d been sick since I could remember since before I was born. All she would tell me about it was that she had saved my father and released him.”

“I am confused” Fire Lord Zuko said.

“my mother gave me a note only moments before she died and told me to give it to you” the man said. “she told me to tell you… it was from Ari?” Zuko’s head snapped up and he retrieved the note with grace that had not been seen from him in many years.

Dear Zuko,

Don’t act so surprised you were told many years ago that I was not so easily killed.
David is your son and please don’t argue about it he is. that one night we spent together before the fight was enough to bring you a son. Please treat him with kindness and an open heart.

I know you will be angry with me for lying to you again but it was me trying to protect you. that shot from Azuela did kill me just not that quickly. it was slow and painful and I knew if I had stayed with you it would of caused you a great deal of pain to watch me go threw that. So I faked my death…again.

I do love you Zuko and wanted nothing more than to be with you forever but I couldn’t cause you pain. Not like that. To stay with you would have been selfish of me.

Im so sorry, please for give me.

Love forever
Ari

“oh Ari” Zuko breathed folding the note and sitting back in his throne. “I love the way you lie”

***
I love the way you lie
***