‹ Prequel: Frerard A to Z
Status: Active!

Frerard A to Z Two

A is for Adoption

A/N: Gerard is 8, Frank is 7 and Mikey is 6.

The whole argument started over the fact that Mikey was absolutely positive that Gerard had either eaten or hidden his Pringles. Mikey had asked his mom to buy them himself and so they were his and he did not have to share with Gerard, because that's just how it worked.

"Pringles don't just go missing, Gerard," Mikey said loudly, waving his hands in the air.

"I didn't eat your Pringles, Mikey. I don't even like Salt and Vinegar," Gerard replied, shaking his head furiously. Mikey was obviously being stupid and overreacting.

"Liar," Mikey hissed, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"You're being stupid," Gerard stated, shaking his head a little and picking at his new Pokémon shirt.

"Yeah? Well, you're… Adopted!" Mikey shot back. Mikey isn't even sure why he said it. He was vaguely sure that Gerard wasn't adopted, but it just seemed like the right thing to say in a situation where Gerard was stealing his Pringles. Nobody touched Mikey's food and got away with it. Nobody.

Gerard gasped a little and yelled a huffy "Oh? Well good, because I wouldn't want to be related to you anyway!" before stomping out of the room.

Mikey pulled a tongue at the empty doorway before going back to hunt for his food.

~

"Mom, am I adopted?" Gerard asked at dinner that night, looking up at her with huge hazel eyes.

"What? Don't be silly, honey. Of course not," Mrs Way laughed, shaking her head and smiling at her husband.

"Well, I don't look like you or Dad or Mikey," Gerard pointed out, his gaze flicking to their faces. Mikey stabbed at his peas awkwardly, he kind of felt bad for saying that to Gerard. He felt like a sucky brother.

"Gerard, you aren't adopted," Mr Way, huffing out a laugh.

Gerard was silent for the rest of dinner, watching as his family spoke to each other.

His last thought before falling asleep was, 'I'll ask Frankie when he comes over tomorrow.'

~

The doorbell rang at lunch-time the next day, and Gerard and Mikey were still ignoring each other aside from the occasional insult or tongue-pulling.

Mrs Way opened the door and Frank waltzed in, hugging her leg quickly before skipping happily into the lounge, where Gerard was watching a movie. Gerard didn't notice Frank come in, his gaze glued to the television.

"Lord of the Rings? Yes!" Frank exclaimed, bouncing on his toes before sitting himself down next to his friend heavily.

"Hey, Frankie," Gerard greeted, slipping one arm around Frank's back and leaning his head on Frank's shoulder. Frank said nothing more, he knew this was Gerard's favourite part. Frodo and Sam were just about to meet Gollum for the first time. Frank kind of liked Gollum, even though he was evil and kind of scary. He reminded Frank of a puppy, when he got rid of his bad self all he wanted to do was make Frodo happy.

They sat in a comfortable silence until the movie was over, Frank occasionally stretching his legs out before curling them back in.

"So, Frankie," Gerard started as the end credits rolled up the screen.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I'm adopted?" Gerard asked, worry clear in his eyes.

"Dude. No. You and Mikey act too much alike to be not related," Frank reasoned, shaking his head.

"Really? 'Cause Mikey said I was adopted. I don't want to be adopted, Frankie," Gerard confided, his lower lip wobbling a little.

"Gee, I don't think you're adopted," Frank said, taking Gerard's hand. "But even if you were, you'd still be awesome, okay?"

"For real?" Gerard asked, a small smile forming on his face.

"Totally. We could adopt our kids when we get older. Like, if they don't have any family or something," Frank exclaimed, letting go of Gerard's hand to move his hands about as he spoke.

Gerard nodded enthusiastically. "Frankie, that's a good idea. I like your ideas."

"I like my ideas, too," Frank said, nodding and grinning.

Just then, Mikey came running through the door and barrelled into Gerard, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry I called you adopted, I know you aren't. You're my brother and I love you," Mikey said in a rush, his words all stringing together.

Gerard hugged his brother back. "I know I'm not adopted, Mikey. I love you too. It's okay, really."

Mikey nodded into Gerard's shoulder before breaking the hug. "Okay. Good. Also, it turns out that my friend Mike was stealing my Pringles, it wasn't you. M'sorry."

Frank grinned at both of them before standing up. "I'm gonna go help your mom with lunch," Frank announced, smiling at both of them and waving a little before running out of the room and into the kitchen. Frank kind of felt like he was getting in the middle of their moment, plus the smell that was coming from the kitchen was really good.

"Hi, Frankie. What's up?" Mrs Way asked from her spot at the oven.

"Nothin'. Mikey just told Gerard that he isn't adopted. I came to help you while they talk!" Frank smiled sweetly up at the woman, and she smiled back.

"Sure thing, hon. How about you put the salad in the bowl?" Mrs Way proposed, propping a stool in front of the counter where the salad was for Frank to stand on. Frank climbed up and began to place the lettuce carefully in the bowl. He liked it when salads looked pretty.

"Wanna hear about how Gee and I are gonna adopt our kids?"

"Sure, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God, hey you guys. XD
Welcome to the sequel of the Frerard A to Z, and all that jazz.
Hope you like it so far. :')
The next chapter's going to be written by the wonderful Rachael, so look out for that, yeah? c:
xo, Jen