Status: Finished!

My Worst Fears

005

After that night in the bar, Renee and Brandon just hit it off. Soon she was sleeping over at his place, him sleeping over at hers’. They had keys to each other’s apartments, things were moving along nicely other then the fact that everything she knew about him as now clearly a lie, and with the season starting in only a week and a half now and Renee and his relationship growing more and more serious as the days passed Brandon felt the hole he’d dug closing in on him.

Renee worked days, so with practices during the times she was working it kept Brandon out of a lot of trouble. The nights he claimed that because there were preseason games going on that he needed to go in and work. As far as Renee knew Brandon spent his days at the gym, the rink getting ready for games or at a local ice arena playing some pick up hockey. Which covered the fact that he had a lot of hockey things lying around his house at all times, not to mention the hockey smell that was around when Renee stopped by after work.

“Why don’t you just fess up? Grow a pair admit you were wrong and then move on with everything. This whole thing is just a joke Brandon.” Drayson shook his head sitting in the locker room after practice one day. “Dude, I can’t even go into our apartment anymore. She doesn’t know that you have a roommate, and you’re lucky that Skinner and Justin are letting me stay on their couch. But the team is starting to think you’re pathetic now. Just suck it up dude. Move on with your life. It’s not like she’d the one.” He paused. “She isn’t the one right?” Drayson asked desperately.

“No, well yes.” Brandon started. ‘I don’t know. It’s not like I’m using her or anything, or that I don’t really like her, even love her. I just don’t know.”

“Well then tell her, if she freaks then leave her in the dust. If not well then I don’t know,” he paused “that one’s up to you. Just make it quick we have our first game in like a week.”

Brandon sighed. “I’ll figure something out.” He replied before leaving the locker room. How could it be so hard to ever know what was right, personal benefit from not having a girl that was all over him because he was ‘famous’ or ‘rich’. Or telling the truth and possibly realizing he lost the girl because of a stupid lie that he got himself too far into to ever fix it.