I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Some Musical Advisors

I had so much fun at the race yesterday and Tanner won which was awesome! I hate to admit it but… I’m coming around to the guy. He’s really not that bad and Ky loves him so I think I’m cool with him. Ky said that Tanner had sponsor stuff to do all day and I was going to be helping the guys tweak some songs and maybe give my input on some new ones so I invited Ky to come along.

“Hey guys,” I smiled as my sister and I walked into the studio.

“Hi Kirstie,” They all said in unison.

“That was freaky,” Ky laughed.

“It kind of was,” I giggled with her. “Kylee’s going to hang with us today.”

“Right on,” Danny smiled. “We could use some more musical advisors.”

“Ha, well I’m just hear to listen. I can’t really give my input on too many things. I just know what I like and what I don’t,” She told them.

“As long as you like our music, I’m cool with that,” Dougie chuckled.

Ky sat down in an empty chair while I got the sound equipment ready. I heard her talking to Harry a little bit about the race and she was getting excited all over again, it was cute.

“Okay, how does that sound?” I asked.

Tom and Dougie played a few riff’s and the sound was just right. I plopped down next to Ky and we got ready for them to start playing but the door opened and a guy walked in.

“Um, who’s Kirsten?” He questioned.

“That’s me,” I said while standing up.

“Hi, I’m Jake,” The cute guy introduced himself. “I just started as an intern here and Dave told me to come see you. He said that you could give me a few pointers on mixing music.”

“Yeah sure,” I smiled but then turned to the McFly guys. “You can play for Ky, I’ll be back in a minute.”

Jake and I walked over to the soundboard and I started showing him what all of the buttons do and how to get it to mix and how the different sounds create a different persona. He really listened and I appreciated that, he was pretty flirty though too.

“Kirstie, we need you!” Tom shouted from the other side of the room.

“Okay,” I said as we walked back over. “Jake maybe you could come back tomorrow and we can mix some stuff together, does that sound good?”

“Anytime I get to spend the day with a gorgeous girl sounds good to me,” He sent me a flirty smile.

“Alright well I’ll teach you some stuff tomorrow then,” I replied.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Jake grinned while sending me a wink before leaving.

“Well he was rather forward wasn’t he?” Ky said while I was sitting down.

“He’s just flirty,” I shrugged.

“That was more than flirty,” Danny chuckled. “You should have seen the way he was eyeing you while you guys were over there.”

“And he was oh so interested,” Dougie added while wiggling his eyebrows to add to the effect.

“You guys were listening to our conversation?” I shot at them through a laugh.

“We had to know what was going on,” Tom laughed as I smacked his arm.

“I think that guy needs to take it easy,” Harry mumbled out.

“Agreed!” Ky added in.

“Can we just start?” I chuckled.

The guys got to playing and it was so much fun just getting to listen to their new stuff and helping them work out the kinks. I couldn’t help but think about Jake though, yeah he was flirty and all but… I kind of want to start dating again. Yeah, I really like Harry but he doesn’t feel the same way about me so maybe… I should just give into Jake’s flirty-ness….
♠ ♠ ♠
I've loved them since One For The Kids but then Ocean Avenue came out and i loved that so much but One For The Kids was what first got me hooked in '01

Kirstie and Jake

comments?