I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Someone's Cranky

Kirstie has invited Tanner and I over for dinner. This is… new. I guess Kirstie’s kind of came around to Tanner. I like it. I don’t feel awkward when I’m around both of them at the same time anymore. I love it!

But that’s not the biggest thing that surprises me… Kirstie invited us to dinner. That most likely means that… she’s cooking. I didn’t know she did! I hope it’s good. I’m starved! And Tanner is late! He knows it bugs me when he’s late. He told me he’d be here by seven. It is now seven fifteen!

Just as I brought his number up to call him, a horn honked from my driveway. What? I’m not worthy enough to come to the door to get. Butthead. I slid my shoes on and headed out there. He sent me a bright smile as I plopped down into his car. I saw Addy in the backseat, smiling cutely.

“You’re late,” I quickly shifted my attention to Tanner.

“I’m sorry… traffic,” he grinned innocently.

I just sent him a sideways glare. That didn’t stop him from reaching over to leave a soft kiss on my cheek. Ok… that made me smile. I forgive him for being late… this time.

As he drove, Addy was talking about how excited she was to be going to see Kirstie. She loves her. I think it’s so cute. I told Kirstie she was coming. She seemed pretty excited as well.

Once we got there, Tanner said he’d help Addy out, but she said a little forcefully that she had it all by herself. It made me smile along with Tanner. She walked over and held her hand out for Tanner as well as mine. I smiled before taking it and walking up to Kirstie’s front door.

She opened it with a big smile on her face. Before she could even greet us, Addy rushed forward and hugged up to her. It was adorable.

“Hi Kirstie!” Addy beamed, grinning up at my sister.

“Hi, Addy!” Kirstie countered just as excitedly.

Hey, Ky, Tanner,” Kirstie went on, giving the two of us a hug at the same time.

“Smells good in here,” Tanner spoke up as we all walked inside. I kind of got a little nauseous. Not gonna lie.

“Lasagna,” Kirstie smiled, seeming proud in her work.

“Yum,” I was able to push out.

Tanner sent me a weird look. I ignored it though… once I found all the McFly guys here too. I hadn’t seen any of them since the whole Tom thing happened. Oddly enough, he was the first one that came up to greet me… with a smile. YAY!

“How are you?” I asked, smiling as we shared a hug.

“I’m good. How are you?” he replied smiling as we parted.

“Tired,” I groaned playfully.

“She’s just been grouchy lately,” Tanner muttered as he passed.

“I have not!” I shot at him.

“See,” he snickered.

I just made a face at him as to say ‘ha, ha, you’re funny’. After I greeted everyone else, including Harry, I went out into the kitchen to see if Kirstie needed any help. She didn’t though. I hoped up onto the counter and talked to her as she finished up.

I helped take stuff to the dinner table. The boys already hurried off, smelling the food from the living room. Tanner catered to his daughter first though. That was such a cute sight.

Tanner and I sat next to each other with Dougie on the other side of me. Addy wanted to sit by Kirste… as did Harry. They sandwiched her on the other side. Tom and Danny sat at the ends, thinking they were some kind of royalty. It was funny… for the first five minutes. After that, I just got annoyed… really annoyed.

I kind of turned myself out and ate… well attempted too. I love lasagna, but for some reason, I wasn’t feeling well tonight. I finished what was on my plate though. I had to struggle to keep it down. Once I put my fork down, I leaned my head on Tanner’s shoulder.

“Aw,” everyone seemed to coo.

“Shut up,” I muttered, trying to nuzzle my face into his shoulder more.

“Someone’s cranky,” Tanner teased as his arm found it’s way around me.

“She needs to go to bed,” Addy spoke up.

“I think she does too,” Tanner smiled down at me.

“No, I don’t. I’m fine,” I pushed out.

“I don’t remember her ever being this crabby,” Harry spoke up through a snicker. His accent really annoyed me for some reason…

I almost blurted out that it was because I was here with him, but I kept that too myself. Too far. There’s no need to start anything just because I’m a little tired. Kirstie seemed to be having a good night. I didn’t want to put a damper on it at all.

Throughout the rest of the night, I stayed pretty quiet. Now that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t teased. There was a whole lot of that. It really bugged me! I probably took it a little harder than I usually do, but… Tanner, Addy, and I left before anyone else did. But not before thanking Kirstie for the dinner… that I threw up once Tanner took me to his place.

“Kylee’s sick,” Addy pouted once I lay on the couch next to Tanner with her on the other side.

“You’ve been acting weird lately. Everything ok?” Tanner spoke up with so much care in his voice.

“Fine. I just ate too much,” I assured him.

He looked down at me for a few seconds before he started to gently rub my back. Addy worked her way onto his lap so that she could hold my hand. I thought it was so cute. It brought a smile to my face.

I hope this whole weird feeling goes away soon. I like the comfort Tanner’s giving me though. It’s cute… and shows how much he cares. And then add his daughter into all of this and I’m nearly dead from adorable-ness overload.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment??